Page Location: Home > Support > Get Your Dreamcast Online > Topic
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This may not be the place to ask, but i'm in an interesting situation. I'd love to get back on DC online, used to have great fun on Starlancer, but I live by myself and the house I live in now doesn't even have phone sockets? =S does anyone have any idea how I can solve this one? I'd happily pay for a dial-up ISP - but I don't see how I could use one without sockets.

Unless anyone knows where I can get a BBA in the UK?

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:16 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You can get a BBA in the UK. Ebay is your best bet (any region BBA will work). It all depends on how much you're willing to spend. Also keep in mind that only two games that are currently online use the BBA. Starlancer is not one of them. The rest are dial-up only.

If you're tech savvy check out the PC-DC server guide on this site. It will let you use the dial-up modem over a broadband connection.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm
quote : #3
Correct me if i'm wrong, don't you need a PC with Windows 98 or something like that for a PC/DC server? Cos my laptop is only running Windows 7... but i could invest i suppose.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:47 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
Douggie wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, don't you need a PC with Windows 98 or something like that for a PC/DC server? Cos my laptop is only running Windows 7... but i could invest i suppose.

Yeh thats correct. You can however buy any old laptop for £10 as long as it can run 98 and have a voice modem.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 pm
quote : #5
Decided to move my bed today, and discovered there's two phone sockets behind it. This in itself wouldn't be weird if A) there was any other ones anywhere in the house or B) if my room wasn't only recently converted from the bathroom...

Gonna try it now, so i'll let you know how it goes. Assuming success, whats the procedure for getting onto those exclusive PSO servers? I'd rather not use schtack, thanks.

EDIT: Damn, managed to lose all my phone cables somehow =( guess a trip to the shops is in order...tomorrow. When they open again. Stupid things.

alienfrontoffline
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 am
quote : #6
Go to dreamcast talk to find out about getting on their server. Basically you just burn a disc image, and it does all the work for you.

Also, I will play starlancer with you when you get online.