Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hey there, this isn't really a big issue and can be lived with but I thought it might be worth a mention. Once in a blue moon I recieve an email from OC telling me that I have recieved a new PM, but when I log in to view it there is nothing new there! Any idea why this might occur?

Again I know its trvial but I thought it might be a symntom of a larger defect, thanks, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
peens
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
maybe its the OC Forum Phantom!!!! or like you said, just a glitch in the system.... a phantom would be cool though.

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:54 pm
quote : #3
I've gotten a lot of these before. I remember Nikon stating in a thread that it indeed was some kind of glitch.

peens
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
i think the real confusing part is, do you really have a new message and is it getting deleted? or just a random pointless email?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I probobly send more PM's than anyone here, not just because if administrating the site, but general conversation with members here. I havn't had any instances where I have sent someone a PM or replied, and then never recieved a response back.

The theory that PM's are getting lost in some black hole... is probable, but unlikely given my regular use of the PM system.

I may never be able to locate the cause of this glitch. It is most likely an odd bug deep in the back end code somewhere.