Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
As the thread says, I'm looking for some good composite (that is RWY) cables. Doesn't make any sense that I can find a good one for my Genesis but not my Dreamcast....

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 am
quote : #2
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RCA-A-V-Stereo-Audio-Video-cable-For-SEGA-DREAMCAST_W0QQitemZ160391427030QQc mdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item255812f3d6#ht_2474wt_1165

ta-daaaa
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 pm
quote : #3
It actually took me a few years to track down a set of composite cables. I was using s-video, and since only two of the tvs in my house had s-video inputs, I was limited to playing my Dreamcast on either of those tvs. I just couldn't justify paying the same amount on both shipping and the actual cable, so I waited until I found one for sale at a pawn shop.

Hopefully you found what you needed though, as it seems like coaxial and s-video cables were the primary cable made by third party sellers, since the Dreamcast shipped with composite.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:10 am
quote : #4
over here the dc shipped with rgb

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:37 pm
quote : #5
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:

Hopefully you found what you needed though, as it seems like coaxial and s-video cables were the primary cable made by third party sellers, since the Dreamcast shipped with composite.

Still on the prowl actually. The only ones I can find are these on Amazon. The overall review score looks promising, but when I start to read the seperate reviews, many people note how fragile the cords are.

I also checked out the ones DS linked me to. I'll keep an eye out for the brand, but I can't get them on Ebay since I dislike the site.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 pm
quote : #6
M8 - let me simple know where you're living and I ll send you one cable for free..... the thread title is funny enough - composite signal in combination with the word good Embarassed
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:28 am
quote : #7
STILL on the hunt for some composite cables.

Has anyone had any expierience with this VGA box? I notice that it can use composite and also that reviews are good on it.

If you have tried it, PLEASE let me know how the composite portion of the box performs.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:14 am
quote : #8
.... Grube wasnt joking Shocked - if you pm me - I ll send you an ''original'' composite cable for the dreamcast (standard cable which was included in the original package).
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 am
quote : #9
I thought they didn't exist "officially" grubs

edit: never mind, I read component Laughing

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!