Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Mateoman
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So for those who don't yet know, Q3A's Master Server has been down for the last couple weeks. Both this site and dreamcast-talk.com are working to re-establish a Master Server, so this problem should be remedied shortly. But in the meantime I thought we might build a list of the individual servers we know are still running. These servers are reachable on Q3A individually if you log in with all entries either blank or with "0.0.0.0", let the master server fail (or just press X to cancel), go to "More", and enter the following addresses.

This is what I know of so far:

DC Arena - FFA: 81.169.187.240:27961
DC Arena - CTF: 81.169.187.240:27960

DC Talk - FFA: 108.34.196.186:27960
DC Talk - CTF: 108.34.196.186:27961

For the DC Talk servers, I know that the IPs are dynamic - that is, they change every so often. In the case that you enter the above addresses and find nothing, go to the following link to see the updated address:

http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/dctalk.no-ip.info

Hopefully we'll start seeing people online again! The disappearance of the Master Server really killed Q3A DC traffic.

I made a similar post over on DC-Talk. If you have something to contribute, please add it over there too if you could Very Happy

Mateoman
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm
quote : #2
DC Arena - FFA

DC Arena - CTF

[Not sure if DC-Talk Servers are currently being tracked anywhere...]

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 pm
quote : #3
jjc5150 wrote:
all server dc list (providing they are registered with game tracker) :

http://www.gametracker.com/search/q3/?search_by=map&query=dc_

Mateoman
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 am
quote : #4
Oh, I know! It's just that two of the four servers I know are online are also not listed on Game Tracker (the DC-Talk servers). I thought this was just the best way to do things for now. Out of curiosity, who else generally hosts Q3A DC servers besides OC (currently down still, right?), DC-Talk (online but unlisted), and DC Arena (online and listed)?

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am
quote : #5
The truth is, you really need to organize a game time on the forums, game organization calendar, or PM. Using these banners and tools sure does help in knowing if anyone is online, but the problem with that is you'll only find someone on very rare occasions. Even with the master list up it was almost impossible to just hop on and get a game going. Wink

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 am
quote : #6
Mateoman wrote:
Out of curiosity, who else generally hosts Q3A DC servers besides OC (currently down still, right?), DC-Talk (online but unlisted), and DC Arena (online and listed)?

OC users TacT, Darkwolf, Loki, JJC5150, we1dont7die have had servers up this past year.

vash32
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 06, 2012 1:22 pm
quote : #7
Does PC var of servers work on the DC var of the game? I sure some work for it.