jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
HI everyone,

Well Ive been hard at work these last few weeks, working on a Quake Server for use with our games we play on fridays.
I totally understand that OC runs, and hosts 2 servers here, and I know that usually we always play on them - but for a change of pace, rather than the same old CTF matches every week, the server ive been working on is a TEAM DEATHMATCH server.

Im going to have it up and running later on today, and while I hope I will be able to join you all for some games - if Im not around, please play at least a couple of matches on it to let me know how its running.

Thanks everyone - hope to see u all later today at the regular scheduled time,........
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2010 1:50 am
quote : #2
Tested - the server is running well. The only prob I have with it, is the weapon and ammo respawn time - it took simple 2 long, 2/3 of the game I was running around with a knife.
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm
quote : #3
Grube, Drez, Roman and Poland - Thank you guys for playing last night and helping me test it.

I got home later than usual and wanted to join you, but the server was full, and I was watching it, through the console to see how it was running, etc.

After seeing your post Grube, I checked this situation out, for some reason the respawn time is running to 30 seconds on these maps, and for whatever reason it wont let me change it. I have the settings set for a 5 second respawn time, but it still respawns at 30 seconds. Its wierd because if I run the server on any other game type (ctf, ffa or tourney) the respawn time works fine at 5 seconds. I dont know, I guess it will mean more research and tinkering. Rolling Eyes

At least I know that it works and is running ok, and at the very least can be used as a back up if the oc server or dc arena server is down.

Thanks again Guys!,....ill see you all next friday
soul21
rank 4
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2010 12:07 am
quote : #4
still gots mine ups too
Want to post the IP but each time i have to restart the server to fix it the port changes lol

bobbertime
rank 3
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 pm
quote : #5
jjc5150 wrote:
Grube, Drez, Roman and Poland - Thank you guys for playing last night and helping me test it.

I got home later than usual and wanted to join you, but the server was full, and I was watching it, through the console to see how it was running, etc.

After seeing your post Grube, I checked this situation out, for some reason the respawn time is running to 30 seconds on these maps, and for whatever reason it wont let me change it. I have the settings set for a 5 second respawn time, but it still respawns at 30 seconds. Its wierd because if I run the server on any other game type (ctf, ffa or tourney) the respawn time works fine at 5 seconds. I dont know, I guess it will mean more research and tinkering. Rolling Eyes

At least I know that it works and is running ok, and at the very least can be used as a back up if the oc server or dc arena server is down.

Thanks again Guys!,....ill see you all next friday

Whats the IP for your server?
Posted:
Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am
quote : #6
Bobbertime,

My server is currently not up and running, im still testing it. And even when it is 100%, which it is close - it wont be running 24/7 - mostly on fridays for our regular games and possibly saturdays as well.

as far as the ip address, my internet provider does not supply me with a static (constant) ip address - its constantly changing. So, if u want to play on my server on fridays, and you dont see it thru the Quake Master List - then PM me here thru the site or IM me on Jabber and ill let you know.