Page Location: Home > Support > Get Your Dreamcast Online > Topic
ghmaster
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and SO close to connecting to the internet with my dreamcast. The only trouble is That I can't seem to find a free ISP.I really can't pay for one and finding a free one is hard so if anyone knows where to find one that would be a great help Smile

Favrenation
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm
quote : #2
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9159&sid=f1456389257218e0248963c450c4d14b

It uses the free Metconnect. Follow the instruction and it should work. It even worked for me with Vonage.

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm
quote : #3
The whole thing with this situation IS - we need to know where you are from, and what kind of phone service you have to help you out. Do u have voip/digital phone service, free long distance, etc...........
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
Favrenation
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm
quote : #4
Yeah for that guide to work you either have to live in New york or one of their supported area codes or You have to have unlimited long distance because if you don't have either one of those then your phone bill might be pretty big.

Last edited by Favrenation on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm
quote : #5
I have AT&T long distance with the unlimited plan and what the reps told me was that if I were to use long distance to access a dialup connection they would cancel my unlimited plan and stick me with a gigantic bill. Be careful with dialup and long distance.
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am
quote : #6
Why would AT&T do that?

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 pm
quote : #7
No idea why they'd do that, but it's a fact. I wanted dialup through them but they didn't have a local access number for me. I told them to go ahead and give me another number because I had the unlimited long distance plan and then they told me that if I used dialup on long distance they would shut my unlimited plan off. Same reason they won't put DSL in where I'm at: There's not enough customers here for them to give a damn. Sad but true, that's the way major corporations operate. It's all about that bottom line, and if they can increase that by shutting down your unlimited long distance, they will do so.
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:03 pm
quote : #8
Will they let you do it with another ISP like Netzero or Metconnect, VTISP?

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm
quote : #9
Yeah I'm using a local ISP which has a local access number. I just can't use dialup over long distance.