Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
mehrsein
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm on right now. It is only one region left (eastern) and most of the time I have to try multiple times to get the regions. So just try it. I'm on most every day between 10 and 11pm GMT+1 for some time, waiting for someone to show up...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:28 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
wow really?!?!! thats awsome!!!!! TheMytho! Techno! we need to all hook up again, i am gonna jack in my modem in a few after work, and try it out to see if it works Smile
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:08 am
quote : #3
Very Happy

This is awesome news!!! I will try it in a few minutes.

I attempted to connect a few days ago, but it did not work. I'll try it again. I remain optimistic.

EDIT:
I can confirm that Ooga Booga IS INDEED ONLINE! Surprised

I can't wait to play online with you guys! Very Happy

-Mytho

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:10 pm
quote : #4
woohoo, I hope it is still on in a week when my order for it comes in!! Smile

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:19 pm
quote : #5
True, did you order it from EBGames?

-Mytho

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:26 pm
quote : #6
no, half.com with 5 or so others...damn....paid a few dollars too much...did they drop price because recently?

wow, it seems like their prices really dropped...I wish I had check there before half.com/ebay...damn

OMG @ 15 Game for $50!!!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/15games50bucks/dreamcast.asp

...but actually only a few interest me but I already have them or ordered them

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:34 pm
quote : #7
I know man! Smile

The thing is that they are ALL USED! I don't like buying used games when I can get them new.

If I could see the condition of the games before I bought 'em, I would def. do the 15 for $50.

True, did you buy Quake 3 or Outtrigger by chance?

-Mytho

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:38 pm
quote : #8
Online games I just bought = Quake 3 (especially because of a server being availalbe for it), PSOv1, and Ooga Booga (even though I knew the servers were down-and now they are up woohoo)...along with keyboard in mouse and Typing of the Dead, Armada, Feet of Fury (go DC Homebrew!) and Tennis 2K2

... do you think I should get Outrigger?

EDIT:
The only online game I have at the moment is Chu Chu Rocket but I've never even played it online (see my thread about the broadband adapter). I'm going to figure out in the next week or so whether I'm going to dialup or setup a PPP dialup Linux server to play everything. I soooooo wish I got into this sooner (see my thread about the broadband adapter Confused)

Last edited by Truewrestler on Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:54 pm
quote : #9
Go for Outtrigger True. Quite a few members here at OC play it.

I would really like to get it, but Toys'R'Us wants $40 (yes, $40!) for Outtrigger. Next time I go there, I might raise hell. $40 for a Dreamcast game is just unbelieveable.

I also need to get Quake 3, and a Dreamcast Mouse.

You'll have to tell me how Armada is. I was seriously considering it, but I got Omikron instead (great game).

-Mytho

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:57 pm
quote : #10
do you not want to get Outrigger online? There are "factory sealed" copies at Half.com starting around $17.... I'll probably just get a used one in great condition for a little less. (Nevermind....no used ones really fit that description).

where in the US are you? I'm in Northern VA. I had a friend in college that said she was from Hickville USA....are you in Upper NY? Very Happy

...headin off to bed.

Do you have PSOv1? lordnikon suggest I get with him when I'm up and running so maybe we could all play sometime in the near future

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:09 pm
quote : #11
My parents are really anal about using the credit card online.

They think the number will be stolen, just too lazy to use PayPal, etc.

If I get Outtrigger, it will probably, more likely than not, be at Toys'R'Us.

I have PSO v2, but I do not feel like paying $10 to play.

-Mytho

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:48 am
quote : #12
Do you play any games online other than Ooga Booga?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:35 am
quote : #13
Hmm....

1. Chu Chu Rocket
2. Speed Devils Online (was recently shut down)
3. PSOv2
4. Ooga Booga

I might buy PSO V1 today. It's either that or some online FPS (No, UT doesn't count). More along the lines of Quake 3 or Outtrigger.

EDIT: Ironically, I bought Unreal Tournament for $7 today. It's pretty close to the PC version.

But the two things that I don't like are the omission of female characters (don't ask why, I'm just anal I suppose) and the ultra-crappy framerate. Otherwise, well worth the $7 for the new maps.

-Mytho

Last edited by TheMytho on Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:23 am
quote : #14
You should definitely get Quake 3 in my opinion since that will be on for possibly ever... and I'm thinking of setting up a server.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:31 am
Well my order from the GOAT Store for Feet of Fury(homebrew game) and Armada came in yesterday.

I played Armada for a few hours last night and let me tell you that is an addictive game. It is a top down shooter rpg set in space and different planets. My only gripe is with the graphics... but they get the job done.

Feet of Fury is cool. You can play like a normal dance game(arrows) or Typing of Fury(letters) with a keyboard. I neither have a dance mat or a keyboard(order coming in soon) so I was stuck using the ABXY buttons on the Dreamcast controller. It is a cool game... but I'm definitely getting two dance mats. Instead of simply being a dance game, in Feet of Fury you are actually battling an AI character or hopefully another person (haven't tried yet)....

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:39 pm
quote : #15
Armada sounds very cool. I'll look for it when I have some money. I also bought Outtrigger today for a cool $20. Fun game. Heckuva lot better than UT. Anyone going to play online? I suck, but I'm willing to play some OT.

EDIT:
Feet of Fury sounds like an awesome game! Smile I'm a big DDR fan. While I don't have the home versions, I really enjoy playing it at the arcade. And it looks like Toys'Arent'Us lowered prices on their Dreamcast games. I'm going to get Armada and Giga Wing when I go back.

-Mytho