Type: NTSC-U/C
1.) Post here if you need assistance with the following:

• Buying Dreamcast Games
  • Buying Dreamcast Hardware
  • Buying Dreamcast "Imports"
  • Buying Dreamcast "Idie/Homebrew" commercial games
  • Downloading Half-Life, Propeller Arena, or other leaked Dreamcast Games

2.) You may also post here if you would like to:

• Announce to others new games that you recently purchased.

The idea here is to use this thread to just get the purchasing decision/help finalized, and then once you have received the games or hardware, shift over to discussion topics in the message boards to start talking about them. This will be sort of gray area, but we will figure it out as we go along Wink

*** note: for inquiring about currently ONLINE related games and hardware, see the Support Forums for Getting your Dreamcast Online.

*** note: for discussing advice on other things like general homebrew software, emulators, and other things of the like, lets put that material in actual topics in the message boards

Things you can post here include links to online stores, information on retail stores, helping people choose between one game or the other, and posting game differences. For actually "Discussing" the games, please use game specific topics in the Dreamcast Lounge.

This is not a thread for advertising games you personally have for sale, nor is this a place to post items that you sell as a business. It is for helping fellow Dreamcast fans make the best purchasing decision. If you yourself are selling the items, it instantly becomes a conflict of interest.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:35 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Got some DC games in Gamestation today. Confidential Mission for £9.99, Headhunter for only £4.99. I also grabbed Shenmue II for £10 - the catch was its missing disc 1. For a while Gamestation stores in the UK stopped selling "retro" games, but the one back in my home town still has a small selection. Maybe it helps the Manager is a shump fan, therefore has the DC at heart for all its fantastic releases. Anyone else snapped up some good deals recently? lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 pm
quote : #3
A response to a thread previously Posted by danate94:

danate94 wrote:
I already have a lot of the good Dreamcast titles, so I was hoping on getting a little advice on what Homebew to buy. Any ideas?

Some of the major commercial homebrew releases include:

• Wind & Water Puzzle Battles
  • DUX
  • Last Hope / Last Hope Pink Bullets
  • Rush Rush Rally Racing
  • Cool Herders
  • Feet of Fury
  • Inhabitants
  • Maqiupai

These games were all released in packaging and sold as retail products by independent retail outlets.

Wind & Water Puzzle Battles is probobly the highest quality release of them all.

A bit of advice: Don't buy the original version of Last Hope. Get the Pink Bullets version instead, as it was a re-release of the game specifically targeting a known problem with enemy shrapnel (which doesn't kill you), looking identical to enemy bullets (which do kill you). The bullets were of course changed to pink, hence the name.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:17 pm
quote : #4
How much are used Dreamcasts and copys of Q3 Arena going for nowadays?

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 pm
quote : #5
you could get a used DC and Quake 3 arena for about $45 or less. i seen a listing on ebay for a brand new Dreamcast bundled with Quake 3 for $99. click here to see it.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:06 pm
quote : #6
Hmm, good, b-days coming in a few months and Im thinking of getting a dreamcast with Q3, see what all the fuss is about (not really a pc gamer, but if its from ID its likely good, and apparently Q3 DC is an excellent port)

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 pm
quote : #7
I could get a dreamcast still in the box, for about $30 over here. I should. Mine broke and haven't been purchasing any dreamcast games as of late Sad

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm
quote : #8
i would have taken everyone they had for $30. if they only had 1 i would keep it. if they had a lot of them. i would sell them on ebay for at least double my money. most NIB DCs sell for about $100 on ebay , last i checked.
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:19 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
I grabbed a 1.0 Sega Dreamcast Browser for .99$ at Play'n'Trade, and got Q3A for 2.99 at the same store.
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 pm
quote : #10
For us Brits Gamestation is now the last high street store that sells DC games, and only a select few still do. I'm lucky as a close friend runs the giant game station in Gloucester, if any DC fans live near there head over. They had a Dreamcast console for 9.99 and a sealed copy of Soul Caliber for only 4.99. This plus a selection of over 100 games, needless to say it's not a sight you tend to see nowadays! Apparently most "retro" stock traded in is shipped to a few select stores throughout the uk. I will try to get a list up of the stores in the UK

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:51 am
quote : #11
Okay, I am rebuilding my dreamcast system and games collection. Of course I want the definitive collection, and for the most part it seems completely possible, but the Broadband adapter is really expensive. I also see that most online games are available for dialup and only a couple for broadband, namely PSO and Quake III. My question is, is it really worth it for me to pay for the broadband adapter? I have high speed internet, which I guess is another way to say broadband. Also, does that mean that if I don't have dialup I have to stick with PSO and Quake III? Iwant to play everything I can and get the most out of my online Dreamcast experience.

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 am
quote : #12
Has anyone seen this? It's an already modded Dreamcast with VGA and sd slot. yuen to dollars equals about 50 dollars.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 am
quote : #13
How much have people paid for a VGA cable? The seem quite pricey, but is it worth the upgrade from S-video? My projector can take both, so I was wondering what would people recommend, and if there will be a difference in the resolution between the two?

Thanks

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 am
quote : #14
Does anyone have any info on this?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:31 am
quote : #15
Well, VGA cables do produce a best image. Price wise, I had a look and couldn't find it anywhere for cheap. I bought mine for about £15 a couple of years ago. The quality is worth it, you really notice the difference. I guess it's just down to how much you want it really.