Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:20 pm
quote : #61
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Finally got myself a copy of Fast Striker by NG-DEV Team. They've actually sold out at Play Asia and direct from NG-DEV, so I had to resort to eBay.

Got quite a good deal considering the few copies on eBay seem to be a bit highly priced around the £45 mark, got mine mint for £25 Very Happy

I'm quite enjoying it, definatley not an Ikaruga, but it is still a good challenge, and a decent NG port.

Mainkai
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:08 am
quote : #62
This weekend my local arcade/games store received a serious batch of Dreamcast games, and of course I was there to search and destroy.

There were mostly mundane titles, but some great finds include the Sakura Taisen limited edition B (the one with the VMU) with all extras sealed, Power Stone 2, Record of Lodoss War and Deep Fighter (my second copy, but this one was in better condition). I also found Virtua Tennis 2 (along with various demo discs) sealed at a second-hand store yesterady, and although I really want to play it I can't bring myself to open it.

What I really want to find is the red Resident Evil Dreamcast released in Japan... that would be the masterpiece of my collection. Unfortunately it's hard enough to find Dreamcast items in Sweden as it is.
Posted:
Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 pm
quote : #63
Type: NTSC-U/C
The other day I had some time to kill, so I visited my local GoodWill and I scored another copy of Quake 3 Arena for $3.75, and another Crazy Taxi for $3.75.
It was great. Smile
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:44 am
quote : #64
SpeedDemon wrote:
The other day I had some time to kill, so I visited my local GoodWill and I scored another copy of Quake 3 Arena for $3.75, and another Crazy Taxi for $3.75.
It was great. Smile

Wow, those are some great bargains. Lucky you!
Posted:
Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:31 pm
quote : #65
Yesterday, I checked out a used music, movie, and video game store I had never been to before. They had a boxed Dreamcast with everything included for 19.99 USD in the store. I picked it up right away. As soon as I got home I wrapped it up, and, for someone special, a Dreamcast was under my Christmas tree this year. Razz

shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 pm
quote : #66
i recently found this online used game store called "jj games" and was wondering if anyone has ordered from them before. they offer free shipping on anything over 50 dollars and it looks like they have a bit of good dreamcast stuff for sale.
Posted:
Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:30 pm
quote : #67
I have never bought from that site. You may have to do some test buys and see where it takes you. Like a game or two to see how it goes.
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm
quote : #68
Type: NTSC-J Region Free modded
I ended up getting a great deal on a game and system lot!

1999 build date sega dreamcast

Pal Shenmue II mint
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
WWF Attitude
Web Browser
Dreamcast Magazine demo discs (July 2000 Nov, 2000 Dec 2000, Feb, 2001)

And the following accessories:

3 original Sega Dreamcast Controllers (one new/in box)
2 rumble packs
2 Sega VMU's
VGA box w/VGA cable
1 Sega controller "extended" wire

all for 66$ shipped!

It is currently on it way.

Also I came across another system with a nice clear grayish black case and a Board Band Adapter with a nice game controller. All was in great condition and the price was right so I went for it as I wanted to play some quake 3 arena online and really wanted a clear case!

So that arrived and I decided to take all the guts out of my JPN system and implant it into the new shell and the guts from that shell into the old JPN case even transferred all the stickers as well.

And heres how it looks next to some games I currently waiting on the others listed above. Along with some cord and my vga box. Oh also have a dreamshell sd card reader coming for it as well! So maybe I can get some JPN shooters to work properly on that with a class 10 32gb sd card.

Hope you Guys like it. Can't wait to play some Shenmue and Toy Commander!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 pm
quote : #69
Nice score, how much did you get the DC with the BBA for?
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm
quote : #70
Type: NTSC-J Region Free modded
Lol I ending up getting it for 160 $ shipped. Came with a nice controller the system with the nice case and the BBA.

Went on a server last night for quake but no one was on. Not surprised tho.

My SD card reader also came in today with Dreamshell Wink Now if I can get it to work properly.

Alec1382
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 pm
quote : #71
Hey guys. If knows where to buy the box/manual to a Pop'N'Music controller, box/manual for an official JP VGA box, or various spine cards for JP games, let me know. Thanks!
Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm
quote : #72
AE86Steve wrote:
Lol I ending up getting it for 160 $ shipped. Came with a nice controller the system with the nice case and the BBA.

Went on a server last night for quake but no one was on. Not surprised tho.

My SD card reader also came in today with Dreamshell Wink Now if I can get it to work properly.

That is a fantastic deal. I have scored a lot of gaming items over the years using this methodology. The 160 might seem expensive for some of the other people fighting for the auction... but that is because they only see the total cost, and aren't breaking down the prices in their head. BBA's alone go for 150, and the smoke gray replacement case can go for 20-30+. Then factor in the price of the console as well, and you got a great deal. You can score bigtime with bundles like this, but you have to be smart not to amass tons of extra items you don't really need. It can be 3x as hard to get rid of gaming goods than it is to acquire them.

Alec1382 wrote:
Hey guys. If knows where to buy the box/manual to a Pop'N'Music controller, box/manual for an official JP VGA box, or various spine cards for JP games, let me know. Thanks!

Finding a box/manual for a box/manual for an official JP VGA box is going to be very hard, because just finding that item alone is difficult.

For the box/manual to a Pop'N'Music controller, I would just trade up. Sell off the standalone controller, and get a boxed one.

I do sometimes see auctions for manual/spinecards only. I will keep my eyes peeled when and if I come across anything.
Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 pm
quote : #73
lordnikon wrote:

Finding a box/manual for a box/manual for an official JP VGA box is going to be very hard, because just finding that item alone is difficult.

For the box/manual to a Pop'N'Music controller, I would just trade up. Sell off the standalone controller, and get a boxed one.

I do sometimes see auctions for manual/spinecards only. I will keep my eyes peeled when and if I come across anything.

Yeah, I probably should have found complete units instead. Thanks.
Posted:
Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:44 pm
quote : #74
I'm new to this site but have had a Dreamcast since 1999. It is actually the only console I have ever preordered. My current collection consists of two Dreamcast consoles, three controllers, official Sega Fishing Controller, and 16 games...2 of which are disc-only.

I am scouting for a broadband adapter which, I hear, is not easy to find outside of ebay. I would like to play some online games with the DC soon but I'm in no hurry since I don't have a whole lot of online games to play. Thought I would use this section to introduce myself. Great site admins!

NeonNerd
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:47 am
quote : #75
So as a new member I should post what I have recently purchased, unfortunately there will be no pictures yet. Mainly due to me moving up to Cumbria in August and so am getting rid of a lot of the consoles and stuff I have bought over the years. Anyways this is my Dreamcast purchases thus far and I'll try to describe them as best as possible.

1 Dreamcast Console (Boxed)
Memory Card
2 Controllers
WWF Attitude
ECW Hardcore Revolution

Overall not bad, the box was a bit mashed up and there was no egg carton to hold the console (but am sure I can pick up a box and inserts from somewhere). It did come with manual and Sega Warranty Card Thingy. The controllers and memory Card Work fine as well as the games (though game cases are broken and ECW is the German version and so the inserts and manual are in German.

Phantasy Star Online - Was Factory Sealed
Shadowman - Is complete and in great condition, the case wasn't broken or cracked.
Chu Chu Rocket - Was Factory Sealed
Wacky Races - Is complete but has a broken hinge.

I am also waiting on the following items to be sent.

Virtua Fighter 3tb - Factory Sealed
Conflict Zone - Factory Sealed
MSR - Factory Sealed
Jet Set Radio - Factory Sealed
V Rally 2: Expert Edition - Complete

Anyway could anyone point me in the direction of any other sites online where I could purchase games other than Ebay? I'm looking to get a full Pal collection eventually.