Thank you.

-Drez01-
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Those maps crash when bots are enabled. Type set bot_enable 0 in consol and change or restart the map.

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm
quote : #3
-Drez01- wrote:
Those maps crash when bots are enabled. Type set bot_enable 0 in consol and change or restart the map.

Thank you.

Is it possible instead to kick all the bots before the map loads, or do I actually have to disable bots completely?

soul21
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm
quote : #4
Hey cool, I guess thats why my servers would crash, didn't know thanks.

But my excessive server is only set to that 1 map so bots are fine. Its set to only that 1 map because that map has the most guns in it.

In quake 3 on DC the game doesn't load the guns that aren't in the map so they're just not there lol. But on PC the mod can tell the client to load all the weapons correctly.

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:11 am
quote : #5
-Drez01- wrote:

I was playing on ss grandes server on dc_map19 with bots and his server didn't crash.

I wonder how he did it.

-Drez01-
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm
quote : #6
Quote:
Is it possible instead to kick all the bots before the map loads, or do I actually have to disable bots completely?

you must disable the bots completly, even with no bots in game it will still crash.'

Quote:
I was playing on ss grandes server on dc_map19 with bots and his server didn't crash.

I wonder how he did it.

Me 2. I think the MOD is key.

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:37 pm
quote : #7
Do you mean the game mod?

Does anyone know how to contact him?

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:05 pm
quote : #8
Do you mean a game mod, as in qvm? Or something else?

Does anyone know of a way to contact him?

I'm pretty sure when Quake III Arena for the Dreamcast was popular there were servers playing these maps with bots. I remember that someone converted the Dreamcast map-packs, but they were eventually released by Sega themselves, maybe the converted one has these problems and that is what this site is hosting?

Thank you.

freaky
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:24 am
quote : #9
Its not the mod, its the mappack he uses. The official mappack always crashed on those maps when running bots. what you need to get is the unofficial mappack that was released prior to the original. Not sure where you can get it from now, I do have it somewhere (probably on disk), if i can find it ill upload it for you.
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 am
quote : #10
Alright, sweet thank you!

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:28 am
quote : #11
If you don't already have them, I'd recommend tracking down the ss maps too.

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:36 pm
quote : #12
Yeah, I got the ss maps, I also found the unofficial mappack online and I setting it up now as we speak.

Once this is setup my Linux dedicated server should be good to go for a long time.

freaky
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 pm
quote : #13
Well I will upload my mappack anyway, if you have any problems you can try using mine. The pack should contain all of the maps (dc_map 01 - 24) and also (dc_ss 201 - 205). It also has dc_map 401 - 409 that I believe are 1v1 maps, there technicly just the same as the originals but with a few visual differences.

The link will work once the pack is finished uploading: http://www.mediafire.com/?smacv25cse14m
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:53 pm
quote : #14
1v1 maps!

I will be able to play with more then two people if I use g_gametype 0 to set it to Free For All, before I load it, right?

Thank you.

-TeamXlink

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:17 pm
quote : #15
freaky wrote:
Well I will upload my mappack anyway, if you have any problems you can try using mine. The pack should contain all of the maps (dc_map 01 - 24) and also (dc_ss 201 - 205). It also has dc_map 401 - 409 that I believe are 1v1 maps, there technicly just the same as the originals but with a few visual differences.

The link will work once the pack is finished uploading: http://www.mediafire.com/?smacv25cse14m

Are dc_map 401 - 409 like the other ss maps? Where new players can't join the server once the game has been started?