Page 2 of 3
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
They actually have an MVS location test running in an arcade in Japan. So, hopefully they get some good feedback this time and the game doesn't ship with bugs like the past 2 games. Their testing for DUX consisted of their beer buddies coming over and giving it a run through.... not the way to test a complex arcade game. lol
Posted:
Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:16 pm
quote : #17
It looks very cool and I like how you can shoot behind you, but you might be able to do that in a lot of these types of games. I haven't really played many Galaga type games, so I don't know. I'm impressed and kind of excited. I won't preorder though.

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 pm
quote : #18
I wouldn't call it a Galaga game since the free moving ship makes for a totally different game imo. Galaga is close to space invaders. This seems a lot like a cave style bullethell shmup.

To be fair, DUX wasn't by NGDEV but a solo project from one of their members iirc. Last Hope didn't have a scorebug, but it suffered from some questionable design choices. Both however, had poor initial reception from not having proper location tests.

I assume there's ego involved with some of these choices, but pink bullets had shown a step in the right direction. Hopefully it's not too little too late.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 am
quote : #19
I wish a better precedent was set with previous ND:DEV releases as far as release dates. Play-Asia says December, but right now there is no way I can trust that date listing.

Also kingbuzzo, yea I am aware of what faults both the innitial release of Last Hope and DUX have. I guess my point was, I felt these could have been rectified before their release, and thus, I feel it was premature to try and release them as final releases. Last Hope Pink Bullets obviously was a solid fix to the original.

I am 100% behind Fast Striker. They went all out with a real location test. So I am confident this one will be solid.
Posted:
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:28 am
quote : #20
Fyi, the game has been released, Dec. 22 from the developer, Play-Asia should not be far behind, for those who ordered from them. Very Happy

Nice to see the Dreamcast getting a game in 2010.

Looks like at least two more in 2011. Cool

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
quote : #21
Type: PAL
Has anyone recieved this in the post yet? Still waiting on mine. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:52 pm
quote : #22
The game(s) should arrive towards the end of this coming week, or the week after. The Post Office has been closed for 6 of the last 13 days, and I have items that I sent on the 12th to the States, not having arrived yet.. A Major Holiday Rush that will take awhile to clear up. When you also factor in a Border Crossing, any "time frame" goes out the window . Wink

Mine arrived today Jan. 5, that's pretty fast.

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 pm
quote : #23
Canada Post pulls through! Finally arrived this morning and have it a few good runs. I'm impressed with what they've done. This is totally different to last hope. Very forgiving pick up and play type of game. Much larger focus on score. I'm enjoying Maniac mod the most so far. Posted some first impressions here

rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 am
quote : #24
How do you connect your NG MVS arcade stick to your DC? Looks awesome btw, nice and heavy duty. I was thinking of getting an official DC arcade stick to play shmups, but is there some kind of NG-DC convertor?

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 am
quote : #25
Dalore wrote:
How do you connect your NG MVS arcade stick to your DC? Looks awesome btw, nice and heavy duty. I was thinking of getting an official DC arcade stick to play shmups, but is there some kind of NG-DC convertor?

I've built adapters to use it with my other consoles. picture
They never made MVS arcade sticks. That's a saturn stick modded with proper arcade parts and some neo geo love.

getting off topic here.

I find myself becoming more and more disappointed with this title. Tough to take because I REALLY wanted to like this one.
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm
quote : #26
kingbuzzo wrote:

I find myself becoming more and more disappointed with this title. Tough to take because I REALLY wanted to like this one.

wahts wrong wit§h it?

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 am
quote : #27
I don't know lots about gameplay mechanics of shumps so I will avoid that. what I can say is that there seems to have been minimal effort with artwork. For example: all the loading screens, the back of the game, the game disc and sticker it came with all use exactly the same image. Then the front of the case and the instruction manual all use one image aswell. I understand this doesn't matter much at all and it is the gameplay which matters, but only having 2 images being used all over the game seems repetitive and a little poor to me.

On the plus side the difficulty settings are much appeciated, novice really is novice which is good for those of us who are less experienced.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 pm
quote : #28
Mazonemayu wrote:
whats wrong with it?

stages have no environment, and no ground enemies. Backgrounds are very nice looking pre-rendered graphics that are a technological achievement on the Neo Geo, but they loop endlessly and that gets really boring. A lack of artistic imagination is what lets me down in this game.
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 am
quote : #29
kingbuzzo wrote:
Mazonemayu wrote:
whats wrong with it?

stages have no environment, and no ground enemies. Backgrounds are very nice looking pre-rendered graphics that are a technological achievement on the Neo Geo, but they loop endlessly and that gets really boring. A lack of artistic imagination is what lets me down in this game.

Darn, I was hoping this game was going to be really good. Sad

Well, I hope Sturmwind is better,

Vasiliy
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:59 pm
quote : #30
Quote:
Well, I hope Sturmwind is better,

Me too . it should be better according the trailer . i wonder if that trailer captured from dc or pc ...