Page 1 of 1
Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I love Horror games first and foremost. I have played Carrier, Illbleed, House of the Dead 2, and Zombie Revenge. All were great except Zombie Revenge because I don't really care for button mashing brawlers. I am interested in deSpiria and I could be mistaken but I heard it was a horror rpg? that sounds interesting. I was wondering if you might suggest some good horror games for the Dreamcast. I am also interested in fantasy/zelda type gameplay.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Have you tried any of the Resident Evil games? Resident Evil 2, 3 & Code Veronica? All 3 are great horror games and still worth checking out, Resident Evil 2 is still one of my favourite games of all time! Very Happy and I remember Code Veronica blew me away the first time I played it on DC and it went on for ages, you really get your moneys worth out of that one!

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:01 am
quote : #3
I would recommend the Resident Evil series as well, I always thought Resident Evil 2 was the scariest one.

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, Resident Evil 2 is my favorite and I've never even played Code: Veronica or Nemesis, but I've always intended to. Good Idea guys. Does anyone have an opinion about Blue Stinger? I heard there's two versions. The Japanese version has fixed camera angles like Resident Evil, and the U.S. version has more of a tomb raider type camera. I guess it's just a matter of preferernce because some praised the Japanese version for it's tension, while others liked the U.S. version for it's originality. I think I want to play both.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:00 pm
quote : #5
Never tried Blue Stinger myself, it had a poor review in the official Dc mag here in the UK so I gave it a miss. Anyone here tried it out, if so how would you rate it?

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am
quote : #6
personally I think its a great game, much better than RE games, but then again I hate fixed camera angles in games

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:09 am
quote : #7
Illbleed is good too, but it takes some getting used to. My personal favorite is Carrier. I know that it probably doesn't compare to the Resident Evil series but the controls felt natural and I found the game very enjoyable. I have beaten it several times. I also like playing House of the Dead 2 with the Starfire gun.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 am
quote : #8
I've never tried it myself but Dino Crisis might be worth a look. It's another Capcom title along the lines of Resident Evil and Carrier. I think only the first game is available for DC.

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am
quote : #9
I tried Code Veronica years ago, but did not get very far. I am currently playing it again. So far, I think this is the single best game on the Dreamcast. The quality is outstanding. It is a fine addition to the Resident Evil Series. I traditionally have problems with Survival Horror because I want to run in and blast everybody. I have changed my approach and am becoming pretty good with the survival knife. To be honest, I have never beat a RE game, although I enjoy playing them. The closest I came was in RE2 when I made it to the final boss with absolutely no ammo. Kinda funny considering I own every game up to RE4. Maybe it's time to go back and beat every one from the beginning up. I've got a lot of work and fun ahead of me. I would also like to add that I absolutely love being able to see your health on the VMU. That is very helpful and unique to this version of Code Veronica.

Mainkai
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm
quote : #10
Bloodflow wrote:
... I absolutely love being able to see your health on the VMU ...

I had no idea that was possible on the Dreamcast. Brilliant.
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 am
quote : #11
I'm clearly in the minority when remembering contemporary reviews, but The Ring: Terror's Realm was a decent game. Overall it was a mess, but there were some genuine scares to be had, which kept me playing to the end. I first played it shortly after seeing the 2002 film, which may have elevated my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ring:_Terror%27s_Realm

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164989p1.html

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 am
quote : #12
Also, not to be forgotten, D2 was a horror game released on the Dreamcast.

I enjoyed it.

LocoChaz006
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2011 4:29 am
quote : #13
Resident Evil 2 is amazing. My next favourite is Code Veronica. I did enjoy Carrier too. I didn't find them very scary, though. That being said, a shark in the water in Blue Stinger made me jump when I played it a few days ago!
Posted:
Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:41 am
quote : #14
I like Carrier very much, but I also understand if other people did not. The voice acting isn't the best but it's not the worst. The story does feel like a RE clone at times. That being said, the controls are superb and feel very natural. They have a very effective targeting system, One thing I have always loved about sega is that they always had nice graphics in bright, vibrant colors. That is one thing that always stood out about sega for me, and although this is a survival horror game set on an aircraft carrier, the use of color is very nice. This game is in my to 10. I think if you give it a chance, you will find some solid gameplay here.