Page 1 of 1
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I always like seeing sega consoles in their natural habitat. Why don't we show off what we got?

I'll start with mine. This is my TMSS High Definition Graphics Genesis Model 1, with a Sega CD Model 1.

I has a couple mods on it. S-video out with a 1k pot so I can dial out any vertical lines should they show up. Stereo output of course.

And it's not shown, but both the Genesis and Sega CD are powered by the same laptop power brick with a daisy chain connector. Cleans up my wiring a lot, and results in my power bar not being completely covered by two huge boxy power adapters.

In the cart slot currently is my Everdrive SD interface cart. Lets me play any Genesis, or 32x game, as well as SMS games without the use of a power base converter. Currently playing the recent re-transation of the original Phantasy Star by smspower. Of course I still own real games, but this makes things rather convenient for me.

Last edited by Kbuzz on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:40 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I love seeing stuff like this. Alas, most of my sega stuff is hidden away in safe places. Anyone else got anything cool?
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 pm
quote : #3

It's a little hard to see on the bottom one, but there is a toggle switch in the top left corner for changing the region. Also has the VCD card installed.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:13 am
quote : #4
Nice clean pictures! Very nice.
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:38 pm
quote : #5
Not the hardware itself, but it's not everyday I can show off my Genesis running on a professional video monitor.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:35 am
quote : #6
Some serious win going on in this thread right now.
Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:45 am
quote : #7
I do concur!

Oh how I miss my PVM. Yours must be newer than the 2030 I had. Are you using a JROK with the MD?
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 am
quote : #8
I tried using the JROK rgb to s-video board but I could never get a stable picture. I'm using a SCART to Component converter now. I would run the RGB straight into the monitor but I can't get it to sync with the composite sync from the MD for some reason.

It's a PVM-2950 btw.
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:10 pm
quote : #9
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
I tried using the JROK rgb to s-video board but I could never get a stable picture. I'm using a SCART to Component converter now. I would run the RGB straight into the monitor but I can't get it to sync with the composite sync from the MD for some reason.

It's a PVM-2950 btw.

Older consoles can be finnicky like that. You need a sync cleaner. I'd recommend the sync strike from arcadeforge.de they know what they're doing.

I've been playing some Genesis myself lately. Been sitting on this for a while, but finally got to play Pier Solar. Very impressed with this game. I love how they've made a cd available with enhanced (if you will) music and additional sfx for the game. You can switch back and forth from FM Synthesis to Streaming CD PCM in real time, which means I waste so much time comparing the two different arrangements!

of course this is a picture thread, so here's the setup...