looks stunning, also incredible that only 2 people made this Shocked Shocked

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
bomb78
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:30 am
quote : #17
profile : pm
THe trailer is really impressive, i even don't believe this runs on a Dreamcast !
Definitely a must buy !

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm
quote : #18
More than just WOW, as a gentleman on another forum(Sky) has already said "lets hope it plays as good as it looks"

That Trailer is Really Cool! Cool

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 am
quote : #19
http://www.justin.tv/destructoid/b/281638376

new gameplay vid

scroll through to 1.43.00

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:57 am
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sure wish I could watch it, too bad for adverts... Confused
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm
quote : #21
you're not missing much. This whole stream was rather headache inducing. The host is incredibly annoying and lacks any kind of knowledge about the games they're playing. Here they are trying to hounour the legacy of the Dreamcast and they spend their first few runs of Crazy Taxi not picking up any customers because they don't know how to play. Then referring to the Offspring as "some unknown generic ska band".

When they finally get the Sturmwind demo, you don't really get a good glimpse because no one in the room has apparently played a shmup before. Little to no discussion about the game at all, and the extremely annoying host is just yelling and screaming for no reason at all and about nothing at all.

And what's with inviting Sega over and not even having a clean glass to pour them a drink...

I think we need to show these 'gamers' how it's done.
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm
quote : #22
i didn't care much for their group either kingbuzzo. i kept skipping forward hoping for something better.
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 pm
quote : #23
I pretty baffled by the whole thing. Who goes to all that trouble to put on a dedication to something they know nothing about? And if you love sega so much.... have a clean glass ready for them if they come over! just wow...
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 am
quote : #24
Sadly, I think players experienced with the game's mechanics would have revealed how easily it can be beat. The demo just confirmed what I was expecting from the screenshots shown a few months ago and that's the balance of visual style outweighs the gameplay component. The first minute was just the same type of enemy over and over again with an extended period of nothing in the middle.

Hardly any tactical maneuvering was required at all. When the "watch demo" portion was shown at the end, the player's firing modes were different, but it looks like they're there to add more visual complexity to the screen than anything else.

I don't expect "bullet hell" for every game like this, but what was shown was completely uninspired in terms of bullet patterns or any sort of complexity that requires more than leisurely moving your ship up and down to avoid it. Enemy bullet movement was like watching the ball in the original Pong volley across the screen.

Naturally, this is just an opinion of what I've seen so far. It was just stage one, so it may have been simple because it was in lieu of a separate training / practice mode. However, if this demo is indicative of the game collectively, you'll probably find it more of a challenge in viewing the screenshots and navigating your mouse cursor perilously around advertisement banners.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 am
quote : #25
true, but I can't imagine there won't be harder settings for a game that has been 6 years in the making. the demo was prolly made on über novice or something coz they didn't know who was gonna play it Wink
after all the average (present time) gamer can barely finish level 1 of DUX on one credit Mr. Green Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am
quote : #26
Type: PAL
Anyone heard anything more about this? Considering its aiming for a Q2 2011 release.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm
quote : #27
http://sturmwind.duranik.com/dreamcast_screenshot.html

new (E)pics Mr. Green Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 pm
quote : #28
The graphics look a million times better in these new screenshots. There is much more polish. Also, I noticed they got rid of many silly features that would further peg this game as a Euro-shmup. The life meter, 5x ships, and the rediculious x99 rocket counter. Shmups aren't first person shooters.
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 pm
quote : #29
Cool to see they've added SD card support. I remember them mentioning that they wanted to include it but didn't have it ready in time. I suppose there are benefits to delaying a game this long :p
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 am
quote : #30
Type: PAL
Yeah the SD card support is fantastic - but I hope it has some practical uses rather than just being added in purely for the novelty of supporting new hardware.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now