Page 3 of 4
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
What is the SD card support for again? Just saves? or?
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:09 am
quote : #32
would be good for replays potentially
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:00 am
quote : #33
I asked em & they said that depending on how good the game sells, there could be DLC

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 pm
quote : #34
Mazonemayu wrote:
I asked em & they said that depending on how good the game sells, there could be DLC

OH GOD NO...
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 am
quote : #35
oh yes, and when an sd card is connected, it also automatically saves your game there

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am
quote : #36
Why would a shmup have DLC? I don't even know how you could do this without completly breaking what is supposed to be an arcade game.
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm
quote : #37
bonus levels? extra weps & stuff?? Mr. Green Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:57 am
quote : #38
Type: PAL
I don't mind games being delayed (although I prefer for their producers not to rush into setting release dates until they are certain), and with this extra time I'm sure that any minor bugs in the game can be ironed out and packaging etc. improved on. However, Sturmwind was delayed in December due to their CD production supplier going out of business, its been 7 months. What the hell is going on?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:40 pm
quote : #39
lozz wrote:

I don't see how they can justify a €35 price tag for this game. Then they will probably release a deluxe, super-deluxe, "rinse your bank account" deluxe edition etc. etc.

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, love to see new releases on the DC. I just hope that they spend plenty of time on preperation. A location test like they are doing with fast striker would be good.

Careful what you ask for their is deluxe ver for $129 US (Way beyond overkill in my opinion) according to play-asia.com they're taking pre-orders for a release on April 24th 2013.
amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 am
quote : #40
Sturmwind started shipping on the 23, folks in Europe have begun to receive their copies, those of us in the new world will have to wait for the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria to bring us our copies. Wink

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun May 05, 2013 9:57 am
quote : #41
For people complaining about the price, it's probably not too far above cost once you factor everything in (for the standard release at least). You have to remember that their volumes are in the hundreds, not the tens of thousands that a Sega developed game would have (some economy of scale going on) and Sega still charged 40+ per game.

I pre-ordered this a while ago and my excitement about it has definitely waned, but we'll see if it delivers on its hype when it gets here.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri May 10, 2013 2:14 am
quote : #42
so why nikon? Wink

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat May 11, 2013 11:18 pm
quote : #43
Mazonemayu wrote:
so why nikon? Wink

Lol... this is so random.

(Okay so, to add context to Mazonemayu's question. In the Ghost Blade thread I said I would talk about why I am not interested in purchasing Sturmwind in this thread rather than the Ghost Blade thread.)

Well, for my sake I wouldn't order Sturmwind as to me, it is a euroshmup and suffers from poor enemy pattern design. The bar for excellance has been set by developers with 10-20 years creating shootemups in the Japanese arcade industry, and that is what I expect when paying money for a shooter.

I know people want to be very pro-DC and excited about Sturmwind and I am not trying to bring people down. Some are really excited about it, which is great, but lets be serious here: its not in the same echelon as the Thunderforce series (nor games like Border Down, Ikaruga, etc, which have already been established as some of the greatest shooters of all time... I only bring this up because 1 or 2 other people have tried to tell me Sturmwind is better than these games too).

Sturmwind is a well built game, but its underlying game design in terms of enemy patterns and sequences lacks greatly. It gets the mid-boss/final boss concept right, but the standard enemies flow in with such simplistic fashion that it leaves sections to be too easy, and then the diversity both enemies and bullets is lacking. It doesn't have the depth and complexity that other shooters have. Let's compare it to another indie shooter:

Watch the enemy patterns and bullets in Redux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dFdbW96CU&feature=player_detailpage#t=252s

Now observe the same stuff in Sturmwind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3zy2k_iwJDY#t=241s

In Sturmwind the bullets all look the same, and you engage 1 enemy type at a time, with similar patterns and sequences. Redux on the other hand, is throwing enemies of varying speed and size, with different style bullets. Often times you have to be your guard and evade one type of enemies attacks while trying to take down another. This simply doesn't happen as often in Sturmwind and is rare (yes I know this happens more often in later levels but its still not where it needs to be). If you know what you are doing, it is possible to destroy most of the enemies in the first stage without even letting them get onto the screen.

As many people are already aware, I have pretty high standards Smile Given my heavy investment in shmups and the genre's history, my reasoning for not buying Sturmwind is the same reason why I didn't get Fast Striker because of its horrible pacing, and DUX due to the unbelievably quiet and downplayed sounds effects, which is something that also plagued Fast Striker. Though, I have been thinking of snatching up Redux.

I am not trying to say people shouldn't buy Sturmwind. It looks to be a great addition to people's indie DC collections. It is just one game I am taking a pass on.
Posted:
Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 am
quote : #44
so you're basically one of those elitist facist (no insult intended here, just putting you in a category Wink ) shmuppers who only play a game if they think it's got all the right ingredients...

I'm a shmup fan also, but I tend to at least play a game a few times myself in stead of giving it no chance from the start by just reading about it & watching a trailer Laughing Laughing

for example: every so often I tend to go back to DUX coz of the hypnotic influence it seems to have on me (the colour palette + audio in a dark room seems to do that for me Wink ) apart from that, the game IS far to easy, but in a weird way it still manages to satisfy me Laughing Laughing

now I'm wondering in what category that puts me... Mr. Green Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun May 12, 2013 4:57 am
quote : #45
It's not that I am one of those "elitest" shmupers. Neutral It is more-so because I have a background in art and interactive design. That is what my college degree is in, and it is what I do for a living. So I guess that is why I look at indie games with a bit more of a critical eye. I don't know, I think elitest shmup players are those who try to impose their own interests on others, which I am not trying to do here. I think it is okay to be selective and picky about what games to play/buy. Maybe some day I will make my own homebrew DC shmup, and release it for free.

I own over 160 standalone shmup releases on consoles (not including those in compilations). I think I have played enough shooters to be able to see a video on youtube and decide whether or not I want to spend my money on it. Especially when I have seen 2 entire stages played from start to finish.

I don't know, I think we would be in the same category really. We both know what we like. Cool

On the topic of Sturmwind, the wormhole snakes near the sun were awesome. I just wish they appeared more in that area.