Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hey everyone, apparently is very old news. But I have only just come across the project. It is a new RPG which is in development for the dreamcast. Description from the producers:

"Put yourself into the shoes of heroes and villians and fight as the native, noble Tahians or the outlandish, tyranical Aroceans in an everlasting war! Fight along side your friends online to explore and conquer the bizzare, alien world of Tahi and recover or exploit its precious resource; Oorian energy. The story of Tahi is over ten years in the making and may be the first Dreamcast game in over decade to be online. So brace yourselves for 'Strength and Honor' and a memorable journey that will never be forgotton!"

Developers website: http://www.reticonentertainment.org/
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=362999316544

Thoughts?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Meh. It doesn't look promising, not a bit. Just my thought...

bomb78
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:40 am
quote : #3
Well too few infos and advancement to hope the game will one day be released..

TeamXlink
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:06 am
quote : #4
If you look at the news posts on other sites, you'll find a lot of interesting information and to me it looks very promising.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 pm
quote : #5
been a while, here's something new from their blog

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:26 pm
quote : #6
College students are working on this, I wonder if it will ever get completed.

I like the screenshot though.
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 am
quote : #7
why do you say it in that manner Ben? do you mean students never finish anything? Laughing
screen looks nice though

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 am
quote : #8
Type: PAL
Students dont finish anything. Theyre probably doing this just show off their skills. Very nice character model. I really hope this tassles are animated.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:12 pm
quote : #9
Mazonemayu wrote:
why do you say it in that manner Ben? do you mean students never finish anything? Laughing
screen looks nice though

Well, after 4 years people usually leave that location and then members of the team would disperse. People get jobs, and if these people are going to get jobs in the games industry, you can just forget having spare time to work on anything personal.

I think this is a situation where there is one person who was into the Dreamcast and homebrew, who talked a bunch of his classmates into working on the project under the guise of being a real development "company".

The ringleader probably still has ambitions to work on the project, but the more weeks/months that slip away, reality will soon dawn on him that the project is not going to be completed anytime soon. Also, its clear that parts of the project were started in spurts by members, and then they ceased to become motivated. The website is a prime example. It is underdeveloped and is never updated.

I'd have higher hopes for someone who was working on a homebrew project and already has an established job. It would mean they are able to integrate working on creative projects into their daily routine. Once the prospects of a fulltime job/family/relationships come into play, few people have the tenacity to stick with ambitious projects. It just becomes one of those things that never gets done.
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:02 am
quote : #10
it isn't always like that, take look at Sturmwind, it has been in the making for 6 years & its going slowly but its still there isn't it? I agree, a lot of projects have been dropped, but a lot came through as well. don't folks at least deserve a chance? we might as well suggest that this OF project is non existent, coz its been over a year since we last heard from it.
besides, what does a crappy site layout have to do with anything? have you ever looked at the goat store site? Mr. Green Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 am
quote : #11
A big change in the life of the main developer and the contributing members is coming. That change is leaving school, parting ways, and getting jobs. I'm not saying its impossible for the game to continue onward in its development. It would be the same thing if a homebrew developer said he was working on a game, but was planning on getting married next year and also was going to have a baby. There are only 24 hours in a day Wink
Posted:
Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 am
quote : #12
A lot of mystery & no updates for 2 years & today I got this from Frank

updates:

Frank has now finished college so he'll have more time to work on this from now on

Quote:

I will be updating the blogger tomorrow and I will now officially be working on this engine regularly on a DAILY basis, that means daily roll-outs of updates

Very exciting! I know it still isn't much but as you can see it's there, it's real and its coming together!

OH also, I forgot to mention in the video, these are HIGH DEFINITION textures being rendered! not the standard texture sizes.

https://www.facebook.com/v/10151309510814154

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
WildCard
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 am
quote : #13
very interesting. cant see the video though Sad

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:51 am
quote : #14
I know, I'm having that sorted out; he posted it on his facebook & if you're not friends you can't see it; I asked that he put it on youtube later

edit: vid should show fine now

new pics/sketches of characters:

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 am
quote : #15
engine vid now on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_wrS73sxZ8

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!