Page 1 of 1
everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just turned itself off mid game and no longer has the will to wake up every morning.

You will be missed, buddy.

Crying or Very sad

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
R.I.P Sad

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 am
quote : #3
It's probably an easy fix. Try the fix for the resetting problem. If that doesn't work, check the fuse on the power supply (make sure everything's disconnected).

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm
quote : #4
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
It's probably an easy fix. Try the fix for the resetting problem. If that doesn't work, check the fuse on the power supply (make sure everything's disconnected).

Thanks for your suggestions. I am hoping to be able to fix this. I've looked up power issues on YouTube ( I'm not having the rebooting problem, just can't get it to power up at all, but I've cleaned the pins anyway ). I saw a video where a fellow had their DC power itself off, and have not been able to get it to power on since, and what they recommended was changing the 2 amp fuse. The trouble is I've scoured the Internet looking for a 2 amp fuse that looks like the one in the fellows video but have been unable to find one. Can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited by everynewday84 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm
quote : #5
The type on the Dreamcast is, I think, is a BEL 250V radial through-hole fuse. Most online electronic suppliers carry them. You can also replace it with a standard glass fuse (like the type you can find at Radio Shack). I think the 'T' before the 2A is for time-lag, so any 2A 250V slow blow fuse will work. With the ones you get at Radio Shack, you'll have to solder some leads onto them.