Page 1 of 1
jacobgrocks
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I tried following the tutorial for the Windows 98 PC/DC server. I am having issues with connecting though. On my DC, it says no one answered, while on the PC, I get this error:

Anyone know a fix? I am also using a B modem with a line voltage inducer. And if I start the modem then call, I can hear the DC dialing...but nothing afterward. [/img]

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm
quote : #2
Call the PC from the DC and then have the PC connect.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm
quote : #3
Just to clarify the above post, you should start dialing with the DC and a few seconds later start listening with the PC modem. It helps if you put a very short dial number in the dreamcast internet settings (like one number).
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am
quote : #4
Hi, Also, to add to what Dreamcast™ and Sega Rpg have already mentioned, what game are u trying to connect with? Or are you using a web browser?
I've found that with my setup, each game connects differently. Some games call for the pc to pick up right away, while with others u may have to wait a few seconds and then have the pc connect.
On occasion I get the same error as you are having, where nothing will connect at all - but after restarting the pc, and my dc, everything works fine.

And are you sure that you're using a VOICE compatible modem in your PC?
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
jacobgrocks
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm
quote : #5
IDK, for some reason, my DC modem is pretty crappy anyway. I tried it at my grandpas house today, where he has long distance, and it was struggling to connect. I had to change cables before it would connect to the web browser.

I'm getting it set up in the browser though, since I plan on getting Q3 and PSO.

As for the modem, it's the HSP56 winmodem inside the computer. I also tried the linux method, with mgetty on another PC with an Xircom cardbus modem, but that didn't work either.

I also tried Dial then clicking on the desktop, and that failed as well. I still got the error on my desktop, while on the linux laptop, it just failed to connect.