Page Location: Home > Support > Get Your Dreamcast Online > Topic
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys im back again and i was looking at my dreamcast wondering if i could ever get the other games online i have posted so many questions and i have succeded and failed at getting online. thank you for every one that helped. lets just say no matter what i do i can only play quake 3 and pso and browse the web now this is good but i realy want to play the other games here is my proccess.

1. used my own broadband isp "bell" they offered free dialup and i could play pso quake and web browser the others would not work
2.tryed juno isp success! i could play all the games untill juno did not work anymore
3.tryed many isp free and payed no luck with the other games.
4.created my own pc-dc server with win 98 work with pso quake and web browser the others would not work

ok so resently i tryed netzero and vtisp it works but again only with the games as above. if i try the other games it says unable to dail i but if i pick up my phone i can here the dialup sound and its dialing correctly or it says unable to connect ...

If you want to see my pc dc server setup take a look here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_E5eojPw8

my toughts are :
1. bell's isp won't let me play the other games eaven on a pc-dc server
2.with netzero and vtisp maybe the username and password is to long with 4x4,maxpool,starlancer
3. my pc dc server might not be configured correctly but im preaty shure its ok since i can play the other games

so only once i could play with all the games and it was with juno.. anyways i know i have posted this kind of question many times but this is the last time i will post it. i hope you can help! Smile

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm
quote : #2
hey guys im still having the same issue. could someone tell me if my pc dc server is not configured correctly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_E5eojPw8

its on DMZ

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:29 am
quote : #3
You're in Ottawa aren't you? I used to use NCF to play Starlancer and 4x4 Evo. Worked great. It's a Free ISP but you need to sign up by mail or in person. At least that's what it was like in 2003.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 pm
quote : #4
Ok i just got nfc isp and i tried with quake 3 it works and webrowser.

I tried 4x4 but i know its down right know so it did not work

max pool it kinda worked but not realy like i downloaded the umv file i only see onlineconsoles.com once i click it and enter my name it says unable to connect to server maybe the file is outdated idk.

tried starlancer it does not work well you see it says connecting then connected then it says connecting to gamespy then i frezzes.

what do you think?

did you put dns entries?

i did 0.0.0.0

maybe im just unlucky .

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm
quote : #5
i tried the new file for max pool sega dreamcast put and it works!!! FINALY!! 1 down 2 to go Razz starlancer and 4x4

thank you very much for this isp.

i think gamespy was down today for a bit am i right?