Page 1 of 1
everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello! I'd like to be able to play my 4 DC's on a single LAN. I obviously will NOT be buying 4 bba's as they are typically FAR too expensive for the likes of me.

I do currently have a bba on one DC, and my roommate has a bba on his DC, but we want to take our DC LAN a step-up.

I know there are guides to getting your DC online, but I havn't yet looked over any of them because I do not currently have a computer which has a 56k modem.

But I came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-56K-Dial-up-Voice-Fax-Data-Modem-Mac-Windows-7-/260579235738?pt=PCC_Mode ms&hash=item3cabbb979a

Could this adapter allow my DC to establish a connection with my MACBOOK? Ill more than likely pick one up if I can really find one for under $10, but I still appreciate any input anyone has here. Thanks.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:02 pm
quote : #2
I would say give this a look over:
http://www.asyserver.com/~kirwin/dc-modem-to-modem.html

If that sounds feasible for you, $10 is not too much to spend and try it out.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Favrenation
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 pm
quote : #3
I was looking at that before i bought a zoom3095 which is more expensive. But if your willing to spend 10 bucks for testing go for it. The weird thing with the 3095 is that in order for it to work you need a Model A modem and a line voltage inducer. Normally you don't need a line voltage inducer with a model A modem but for that usb modem you do. I have heard other usb modems don't have that trouble so go ahead and test it. Make sure you have a model A modem though unless you want to make a line voltage inducer.

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 pm
quote : #4
I actually just ordered a lot of 34 dreamcast modems for cheap, so I'm pretty set on having the right modem Very Happy Anyone need a modem? Laughing

I'm thinking i am going to give this USB adapter a try...

Favrenation
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 am
quote : #5
lmao where did u get 35 modems from? lol

Edit. ALso your are goning to need a phone line or something to get a dialtone to your dreamcast to swap the chord out. Quake 3 is the only DC game that needs a dialtone to connect through PC-DC.

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 am
quote : #6
Ouch. My house has no phoneline... Well, if it's still going to work for 4x4, Max Pool, and Starlancer without a dial tone I'll probably give it a try.

I got the 34 modems in a single ebay lot for $10, was hoping to find a bba in the lot Twisted Evil

ben751
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:23 pm
quote : #7
I saw that thing that that guy had an ebay link to, would that allow you to get online with the dreamcast without the crazy complicated pc-dc server and if so how would it work?