Page 1 of 1
Holiday
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It seems the batter inside my DC is going dead and i was just wondering what the fastest way to get to the battery is? I'm guessing it is on the motherboard, but I have never been down that far inside my DC.

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #2
The DC internal battery last for 20 days if the DC isn't used. It recharges if the DC is left on for 2 hours. Just leave the DC on for 2 hours and it should be fine.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:59 pm
quote : #3
After so many years the DC battery (and any rechargable) doesn't recharge, so in the end all DC owner's will face this problem. I do know leaving it pluged in lets it run of the power outlet and not the battery

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:12 pm
quote : #4
Yeah he is right, batteries lose thier ability to hold a charge. It happens. I'll try to figure out where it is and what kind it is, and try to write a FAQ on how to replace it.

Raz1r
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 am
quote : #5
I think I saw some batteries on Ebay that were being advertised as replacements for the DC. I can't remember exactly what the name was, but I think it was something like CR2032. I figured I would pick some up but I wanted to know if they would work or not.
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
Raz1r wrote:
I think I saw some batteries on Ebay that were being advertised as replacements for the DC. I can't remember exactly what the name was, but I think it was something like CR2032. I figured I would pick some up but I wanted to know if they would work or not.

Those are the right ones. same with saturns aswell.

peace, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:01 pm
quote : #7
if i remember correctly, or even know what im talking about, when i took apart one of my dreamcasts out of curiosity and boredom i think the battery is right on the controller board thing and easily accesible. who knows that couldve been something completely different im not sure.
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:55 pm
quote : #8
Raz1r wrote:

Those batteries are for the VMU, not the DC.

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:53 pm
quote : #9
mrandyk wrote:
if i remember correctly, or even know what im talking about, when i took apart one of my dreamcasts out of curiosity and boredom i think the battery is right on the controller board thing and easily accesible. who knows that couldve been something completely different im not sure.

Yep, you got it. That's the battery. hence why if you disconnect that ribbon cable, you have to set the clock.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:17 am:

Follow-up: Rechargable batteries DO have a limit as to how many times they can be charged. Replacement is an eventuality that cannot be avoided.