Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
ben751
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just have been collecting a bunch of dreamcast games and I have dialup internet and I was wondering if there was anyway to get online via broadband without a broadband adapter. because I looked on ebay and there waay to much.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:40 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
PC-DC server can be made in a few forms. There is a guide here for setting one up with windows 98 which seems to be the least problematic way.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_pcdcwin98.php

Laters
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:46 am
quote : #3
But if you only have dialup internet available at your current location, you are rather limited in what you can use to obtain broadband access..

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm
quote : #4
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
But if you only have dialup internet available at your current location, you are rather limited in what you can use to obtain broadband access..

Rather Limited? Wait, what?

There is no way to get broadband access with a dial-up connection, right? Not limited ways, no ways. Right?

If there is a way to get broadband access with a dial up connection, please DO say more.

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:41 am
quote : #5
There is NO WAY to get a broadband connection using dial up. NO Possible way.

@Ben751 - Honestly if you have dialup, just use what you already have, and save yourself the cash - afterall the bba only works for 2 games. And building a pc/dc server is quite complex, trust me ive built several Very Happy.

Many of us here dont have access to dial up, or its not an option at all, so we have to take other steps to get online with our dc's. If you already have dialup, it will take you 10 minutes to set up, and be online.
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
ben751
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 am
quote : #6
That wasn't what I was saying at all I have broadband connection and don't want to switch to dailup just to play sdreamcast and I was wondering if there was a way I could get online with my current broadband service without getting a dreamcast broadband adapter

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:00 pm
quote : #7
ben751 wrote:
I was wondering if there was a way I could get online with my current broadband service without getting a dreamcast broadband adapter

Yes, like blast said there is a way. Follow the link Laughing

ben751 wrote:
I have broadband connection and don't want to switch to dailup

ben751 wrote:
I have dialup internet.

Rolling Eyes

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:18 pm
quote : #8
Well, now that we're all clear - lol Shocked

Your only option then, is to build a pc/dc server. Click the link posted by blast, and follow the instructions - Best Of Luck!
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org