Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
1, 2  Next
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
....but the last time i tried this it was very difficult to find someone who didnt try to ruin my dreamcast, i know vaguely how to jump to a server address but other than that what do you have to do to get a fun game on quake 3 dc? can matches be invite and password restricted? or are there simply no hackers around anymore? just interested as i am pretty good at quake 3 when me and friends do split screen tourneys. let me know, cheers

oh and nikon, this post is from my dc browser again! so cool, i love it! i just played a couple of f355 matches online and it keeps kickin me of after the final. so i dont get to see the replay, bummer huh?
Posted:
Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:27 pm
quote : #2
the f335 racers will kill you if ur not a pro
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:20 am
quote : #3
You get kicked offline after every F355 final.. it is meant to happen.

You select the replay once you are disconnected, you didnt get to do this? that is wierd,....... are you sure you never just missed the replay button?
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:20 am
quote : #4
ultrapro wrote:
....but the last time i tried this it was very difficult to find someone who didnt try to ruin my dreamcast

???

What u mean? Is it possible that someone ruins u DC during u play online???
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #5
well not necessarily on quake but there are instances where people from the us could reset your dreamcast, ruining your save file and could even wipe your server info stopping you from being able to dial up, quake 3 last time i played was not fun, cos people just hack your character and you cant control it. no i didnt miss the button, i can see where its meant to be but the other selections are white writing and the replay button comes up dark grey.
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:55 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
ultrapro wrote:
well not necessarily on quake but there are instances where people from the us could reset your dreamcast, ruining your save file and could even wipe your server info stopping you from being able to dial up, quake 3 last time i played was not fun, cos people just hack your character and you cant control it. no i didnt miss the button, i can see where its meant to be but the other selections are white writing and the replay button comes up dark grey.

I have never heard of this happening before.
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:45 pm
quote : #7
well nikon its happened to me loads of times, on pso mainly, used to get noled, pked in the lobby or up in the ship, or my dc would be reset, this all stopped for ver 2 tho thankfully and i can sware that on at least 3 occassions my character has been comendeered by a hacker whos name was unreadable and in bright flashing colours. and for some reason as i said the replay button will not come up for me to click it. it just misses it when i move the stick/pad
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:15 pm
quote : #8
PSO is full of hackers. Or at least the US servers were JP and UK was supposedly had much less, this is the online Dreamcast games that had this problem. No other game can reset your DC and such so relax...

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:12 am
quote : #9
yeah it was only pso
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #10
well regardless i just went on there, and the people i tried to kill were disgustingly good at it and i barely got a shot off each time i re-spawned, its annoying to think i have gotten that out of practice, still i was never that good, so how, if we are in a game, do we make sure its only us? i dont spose you can. i just dont see how these guys can be so good, i guess once you get a few kills you have enough amo and armor to stay alive ages. i am just gonna have to practice
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #11
well these people have good connections and are on their computer which gives them a good advantage: keyboard and mouse. and well since they are still playing a game that came out years ago they are of course "good" at it. and on top of that theyd use the skeleton so if they arent killing you its going to be hard to kill them.
Dream
Cast
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:12 pm
quote : #12
that i can handle, i dont mind practicing but i dont like the guys who make a game up via there pc, i was in one the other night that had no weapons, you only had a rocket launcher with 999 shots and no health, so he kept battering me. i did meet some cool people on there using dc.

how do you guys know which game to join when going to meet each other? u know fraggin friday and stuff? also whos names do i look out for when i pop in?
Posted:
Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:05 pm
quote : #13
I hate playing against PC players...playing on dc servers. To me its backwards and they shouldn't be their. There are a gillion PC servers they should go over there. They just come over to the DC servers to wail on the dc q3 gamers.With most of the DC Q3 community on controllers and on dialup......and PC gamer on broadband with a higher refresh rate and wayyyy higher resolution and mouse and keyboard jsut come in and decimate everything.

I have played with DC gamers on mouse and keyboard that are very good...and it is still competative....but when a PC player plays...the hardware advantages really show and the game is kinda broken and its harder to have fun. The PC gamer usually ends up shooting you before you even get a chance to see it coming. He moves around you faster and can see you better.

Hell imagine being on a PC monitor with 1152x864 resolution and 60 frames per second.

Dreamcast only has 640x480 resolution and 30-45 frames per second. It's just a rediculious advantage.
Posted:
Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:40 am
quote : #14
the funny thing is they always claim they dont have an advantage.... i always get into arguments on Q3A because of the annoying broadband PC players.

They dont HAVE to have the ping that low, if they wanted they could raise their ping and even it up, but they choose to have an advantage.

The normal excuse is 'im paying for BB so i am going to use the BB ping'.....
well why are u on this DC server then ?!! Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:14 am
quote : #15
I have a BBA and my ping is always good, but the gameplay is still competative. It's the platform advantages that PC users have that really offsets the game. Framerate and Screen resoluation.