Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a virtual on saturn stick, and there re 6 black nubs on the bottom of the stick. They don't feel sticky to the touch, but when you set the stick down onto any surface they "bond" somehow and stick like superglue to whatever they touch for an extended period of time. Even just letting it sit for 30 minutes on a cardboard box make it stick to the box.

I had to cover them all with black electrical tape finally because I was getting fed up.

Has anyone else encountered this before?
Posted:
Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:53 pm
quote : #2
Not with that particular joystick, but I have with other things. Luckily it's just sticking. and not smearing black marks over everything. It's really hard to get that stuff off.

I'd use Scotch-brand tape over electical tape just because - over time - electrical tape will make the bottom even stickier.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:08 pm
quote : #3
The thing is this is a different kind of stickyness. If you touch the button of the nubs on the Virtual On stick, its not sticky at all. It is the strangest thing. As soon as I set it down on any surface, its like vulcanized to it. I have to rip the sticks up, and it typically tears paint/cardboard/paper up from the surface for whatever it was resting on. I simply do not understand.

At least with the electrical tape, if the starts sliding around over time and gets sticky/slimy which electrical tape tends to do, I know how to clean it.

To clean stickyness off of things you take duct tape and slowly press it on and off the sticky area. It gradually lifts up all of the sticky residue until its perfectly clean. Wink