1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Same rules as here: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9505

Will do a proper write up, but for now just linking to the above.

Go bonkers, post cool deals you scored.
Posted:
Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm
quote : #2
I've been scouring eBay for a replacement for my Sega Genesis Model 1 that died earlier this month. Imagine my surprise when this popped up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200711527677?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Not only did I score a Model 1 'High Definition Graphics' console, but nearly every game there is a keeper. Can't wait to get my hands on Strider and Wings of Wor! Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 pm
quote : #3
That is a killer steal. I still don't have a complete Wings of Wor myself. Did that game arrive in good condition?
Posted:
Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
I still don't have a complete Wings of Wor myself. Did that game arrive in good condition?

Outside of some dust on the case, Wings of Wor arrived in very nice condition.

As a matter of fact, nearly all the games in the lot arrived in good shape. The cases are somewhat dusty though, so I'll need to wipe them down at some point. Sonic 2 has some sticky residue on the outside of the case, and the Sub Terrania cartridge has black specs. The Sega Genesis was also dirty, though it cleaned up nicely.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:42 am
quote : #5
Awesome! Glad to hear the Wings of Wor was in good shape.

Use duct tape to get the sticky stuff off the Sonic 2 case. I take a piece of duct tape, and then fold 25% of it so I can grab it, then I use the remaining sticky part of the tape to press and pull on the sticky stuff until it is all clean. Just be really... REALLY careful anytime you attempt to do this on a paper surface. Otherwise you risk ripping the paper.
Posted:
Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:17 am
quote : #6
The other day I went to a GameXChange, and I picked up Comix Zone, Street Fighter 2 Chapionship Edition, and Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle for the total price of $5.00. Smile
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 am
quote : #7
Scored the following Genesis games:

- Streets of Rage
- Rolling Thunder 2
- Super Hydlide

The rolling thunder 2 is so mint. Its like brand new.
Posted:
Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:21 pm
quote : #8
Bought the following Genesis games recently:

• Robocop vs. The Terminator
  • Demolition Man
  • X-Men
  • X-Men 2: Clone Wars
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • ThunderForce III (thanks nikon!)
  • ESWAT: City Under Siege

My copy of Robocop vs. The Terminator is absolutely 100% complete. It came with the poster, registration card, and manual. I was hoping to add Ultimate Qix to this list as well, but it looks like the deal fell through. Neutral

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 pm
quote : #9
Damn. Sorry to hear about the QIX. Was that a complete item? Did the seller just not contact you again? or?
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:58 am
quote : #10
The seller responded to my initial PM, but never responded to my second reply. It's been about two and a half weeks, so I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, the copy he had was supposedly complete. I asked the seller if he could take a few pictures so I could see what I'm buying. Unfortunately, he flaked out before I received any pictures. Sad

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:57 am
quote : #11
I recently scored myself a Sega Saturn for $4! Greatest deal ever! It didn't come with ANYTHING. It took me a while to track down the av cords for it ($5) and a controller for it (15$) It also came with a game so I am not complaining. I love it. I played Sonic R all last night. It was awesome! It's sad that sega saturn games are hard to come by. I have only ever found a few and they are expensive.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 pm
quote : #12
Snagged a complete, mint copy of Castlevania: Bloodlines for $3, among others at Goodwill. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw it! Laughing

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 am
quote : #13
Wow to both Metal Hedgehog and TheMytho, those are some amazing deals.

I scored the following today for the Genesis:

Streets of Rage 3 (34.95)
Syndicate (18.00)
Sonic 3 (19.99)
Gauntlet IV (23.94)

The best deal was SOR3. Also, these are all in NM to Mint condition. Which is why I paid what I did for them. The Syndicate is actually a really good deal as well. The seller misspelled it as "Syncicate" which is why I think it got overlooked by people searching for the game.
Posted:
Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm
quote : #14
Type: PAL
Lazy seller = lucky lordnikon Very Happy

Love those kind of acutions Wink

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 am
quote : #15
Finally got complete copies of Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 for the Genesis. I've had the first Earthworm Jim for several years now, but not a complete copy.

Finding a decent complete copy of Earthworm Jim 2 for a reasonable price is no easy feat. Since EWJ 2 was a late release for the Genesis, the game only comes in a cardboard box. I've been looking for close to a year for a good deal on a complete copy and bit when I saw both games being sold in one auction.

The total was $26.55, but I felt it was money well spent. That works out to a little over $13 for each game, which is a good price for CIB Genesis games.