Page 1 of 1
jakelong2
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: pal
ok i got hip to burning cds and i burned resident evil code veronice one 2 cds(cd1,cd2) and cd1 worked then when it said to put in cd2 it kept saying incoreect cd. i used discjugglar like 3 times and after the 3rd cd it worked. now with grandia 2 i did the same thing only the 2nd cd worked the first time but when i beat the moon level and talked to the short blonde kid the game froze (like people moved and i could hear the water but i could not move) then i tried burning another cd but it did not read it i did it 4 times and it still did not work help!!!!!!!!. one last question whenever i burn capcom vs snk 2 it works like 4 time then the DC dosent read it. i use CD-R's to burn games not dvd's(im not rich) and disc jugglar is on its normal settings.
Posted:
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The Dreamcast doesn't use DVD's. The highest capacity disc that the Dreamcast can read is a GD-R, which is the proprietary format for Dreamcast discs and those were not publically available. So CD-R's are all you can use. I think what you are experiencing is a combinatin of your Dreamcast's lens dieing, and the quality of the discs being used.
Posted:
Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 pm
quote : #3
Might be a bad ISO you burned as well. Also try slowing down the burning speed, as the faster you burn the more likely you are to get errors it seems.

I use Alcohol 120% on RAW-DAO burning on the slowest setting and i have not made a coaster disc in quite some time FWIW.

alexh86
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:09 pm
quote : #4
If you're not doing so, you also want to enable "overburn". Many of the ISOs burn a couple of MB over 700 MB and the software often will not exceed that cap if overburn is not enabled. Also, like the above poster mentioned, you want to burn at 4x (maybe up to 8x) for the best results.

If all of this fails, try a new ISO.