Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I got Sonic Gems Collection since I saw it had this and Sonic R on it. I have to say though, Sonic CD is kinda blah.

The game isn't broken or anything, but the level design lacks the fluidness I grew accustomed to on the Genesis. I will say the music is pretty cool though.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 am
quote : #2
Does anyone know why the North American version had a different soundtrack?

I never really could get into Sonic CD. I agree about the fluidity of the levels, they don't seem to flow as well as Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on the Genesis. I was really impressed with the 3D bonus levels though.

I remember back in the Genesis' heyday I had an ad for all of Sega's latest offerings. The Sonic CD screenshot was of the 3D bonus level and, as I'm sure they intended, I assumed the whole game would be 3D which blew my mind.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
SpeedDemon.Z
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:37 pm
quote : #3
The new port of Sonic CD on the Next Gen Consoles is amazing. The wonky collision detection issues are fixed in this port due to the new physics engine. This makes the game a whole lot better than the original release.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 am
quote : #4
Guys, lets not talk about other systems here. This is a classic forum, about games on "Sega" hardware. If you guys are playing sonic cd via other means that is fine, but if that is the case, please talk purely about Sonic CD the game. Thanks all!

(I'll clean this thread after I've felt people have had enough time to read it.)

Getting back to Sonic CD, I've always felt the past, present, future dynamic made this game an amazing experience. Trying to track down metal sonic through time was always an interesting challenge.
Posted:
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm
quote : #5
Just recently tried 2 levels of Sonic CD a couple days ago. Definitely made me relive my first time of Sonic The Hedgehog on Genesis. Maybe someday I'll be able to do the game justice and be able to finish it through. Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am
quote : #6
Nice! TheDreamReborn, what was your reaction to the time travel mechanic? Did you know about it before playing the game for the first time?
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 pm
quote : #7
Honestly I had seen those signs but I basically just played through the level as any other game in the early series. The time travel idea sounds a little confusing, but probably isnt as much as I think it is atm Confused