Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have had Contra Hard Corps sitting on my shelf for a long time. I had never played it before. I finally gave it a go, and wow. I was completly blown away by the technology in this game. This is by far one of the most impressive games graphically I have ever seen on a 16bit system. I actually looked up the game to see if Treasure had coded it.

When you are trying to track down deadeye joe, the boss from that stage, its like space harrier on steroids. You are actually running away (towards you) instead of forward. The warping effects here are just mind blowing.
Posted:
Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 pm
quote : #2
I had a very similar reaction when I played it. I was a big fan of the Contra games on the NES and never really thought to seek out the Genesis version until I borrowed it from someone and was subsequently blown away. The graphics, sound and level design scream quality. Also, the characters you choose actually have a significant impact on how the game plays.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 pm
quote : #3
Yea like in Stage 1, if you are playing as Fang for instance. There is that one part of stage 1 that is just stupid crazy, where the game has enemies coming at you from both sides, 2 barrels blocking you, and an enemy from the upper right shooting at you. This sequence is tricky regardless of who you use. However with Fang, it can be particularly troublesome. The second pickup that falls is the charge beam, which is very powerful but shoots only left or right, and its single shots are very delayed. If you pick up this item too soon before clearing out the onslaught of enemies, you are dead for sure.