Page 1 of 1
Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Here's the rules to Tag Bomb.

The object of the game is to destroy other players ships by attaching(passing) a bomb to them. You pass the bomb by shooting them. You don't have to kill them,a few good hits will do. Once someone has the bomb they have 45 seconds to get rid of it or they blow up. Once someone dies no one has the bomb. Thats the way the game starts. First person to die in a dogfight gets the bomb. And if some one blows up from a bomb you passed to them you get two points.

Here's some hints:

Pickup the powerups

You can only pick up one powerup at a time

One of the powerups is a mine,plant it by pressing B

Check the instruction manual for a list of the powerups.

Keep moving! Don't stop next to somebody and start shooting. Just try to get in a few shots at at time.

KEEP MOVING!

When you are fighting someone just try to get in a few shots at a time,it make take several pases to kill them

Keep an eye on your shields and armor display at the bottom left corner of the screen,the outside ring is shield,the inner ring is armor,when your shileds and armor are gone you will die from one hit

The best ship is the Wolverine. It has the best shields,armor and guns. Choose 'laser cannon' as your gun when flying the Wolverine.

Here's what some of the power-ups do:

Mine-gives you one proximity mine,plant it by pressing B

Full shields-makes you invulnerable to opponents guns,lasts 20 seconds

Shields down-makkes your shields go down for 20 seconds

Missile-gives you one lock-on missile,fire by pressing B

Fuel-gives you a full load of fuel

Wrench-repairs all damage to your ship

Reverse yoke-this reverses your controller controls,pressing up will make you go up instead of down,lasts 20 seconds

Cloak-makes you invisible to opponents radar,lasts 20 seconds

Here' the rules to Nuclear Threat:

The object of the game is to kill other players by detonating a nuclear bomb. You detonate the nuke by picking up six 'beacons' and flying through the gate in the middle of the arena. To locate beacons,press and hold X and Y then scroll up and down on the digital pad. The beacons have a green ring around them. You can steal someone else's beacons by killing them. Once you have all six beacons press X and Y again to find the gate. When you fly through the gate with all six beacons,the nuke will detonate and kill the other players.

Last edited by Tank on Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:23 pm
quote : #2
thank you very much! That was very informative and I'm sure will help those new to starlancer. Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:46 pm
quote : #3
Thought I'd bump this so any new players would have some idea what's going on. And check out my rendition of Starlancer Japanese box art: