Previous  1, 2
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:40 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Not really familiar with it, but it seems to be a SCART to RGB adapter with a sync stripper and cleaner. SCART uses composite video to provide RGB sync but these monitors need the sync separated from the composite video beforehand. That's what the box does.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:10 pm
quote : #17
looks like a sync strike. It functions as a sync cleaner and sync splitter. It will clean composite sync to raw sync, or split it into H+V sync. This will not change the signal to 31khz VGA.

Instead of that, you only need something that will adapt scart to bnc.

so, grab a dreamcast scart cable, and hook it up to this cable
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am
quote : #18
This works fairly well for my Dreamcast at least. No lag or anything.

The atomiswave cabinet has a standard VGA cable that can be connected directly to the VGA box. You do need an amplifier for sound though and unless you want to use a pad or something you need to sacrifice a controller as well to hook up to the control panel.
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm
quote : #19
PFFFFFF.... YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Now THAT'S how its done! Superb setup Pingu. Wasn't aware you were rockin your DC like that. Great choice with Border Down as well. My personal fav.
Posted:
Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm
quote : #20
Type: PAL

done
Posted:
Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm
quote : #21
Nice, industrial monitors are quite nice, I got a studio monitor myself though I've lent it out to a friend as I don't really have room for it in this apartment.

Trying to draw plans for a jamma edge connector right now that will incorporate two chtulus as daughter boards as well as a daughter board for stereo amplification. Still doing some research on video circuits though to implement on the board. I'll need to add a composite to RGB decoder for the nes and svideo for the PC-FX since it apparently doesn't use RGB internally, sigh.

I'm about to mod my VGA box for my dreamcast now at least so that I only need to flip an extra switch on the box now to switch the dreamcast to RGB from VGA, kind of handy really since the wei-ya chassi gets it's signal from an ordinary VGA cable.
Posted:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm
quote : #22
So the mod is at least functionally done though I need to drill some holes to mount the new switch I've added.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52678899/DSC00142.jpg
A two pole, three way switch lets me choose between VGA output, RGB output and svideo/composite output.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52678899/DSC00143.jpg
It looks a lot better when not viewing it as a picture from a bad camera phone though.

Another nice thing I noticed is that the monitor can apparently handle 50Hz RGB as well as 60Hz RGB so I'll be able to just jack in my PAL consoles as long as I adjust a vertical hold a bit.
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:10 pm
quote : #23
HI guys tell me about this thing, is good or not? is good idea buy one or not? thx

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm
quote : #24
Yes the Dreamcast VGA box is a must have. It gives you 640 x 480 Progressive VGA output, and also has outputs for S-Video 480i as well.