Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
alextheman45
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I think its possible, just the software hasen't been made yet.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you're talking about commercial games, then no. Its possible that future homebrew games may be able to take advantage of it though.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
alextheman45
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm
quote : #3
Okay,but i would love the doom port to have this feature.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:23 pm
quote : #4
The LAN adapter (Model HIT-0300) was designed to only work with the accompanied browser, "Dream Passport 2 for LAN". It doesn't work with any other software.

Also, the PC-DC server is a way to route dialup games online via a PC by hooking it up to a PC's 56k modem and routing the data onto broadband. The LAN/BBA equivelant of this is called Internet Connection Sharing, which is a piece of cake for ethernet data,
Posted:
Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
The LAN adapter (Model HIT-0300) was designed to only work with the accompanied browser, "Dream Passport 2 for LAN". It doesn't work with any other software.

You could code a game that could use the lan adapter, but you need a iso of Dream passport 2.0 Lan Edition, and copyright permission from sega.

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm
quote : #6
I'd have a very hard time believing it was impossible. But like you said, and as far as I know, It has not been done yet.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 pm
quote : #7
alextheman45 wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

You could code a game that could use the lan adapter, but you need a iso of Dream passport 2.0 Lan Edition, and copyright permission from sega.

True, yea I was mainly clarrifying in terms of its existing limitations. Someone could get a game to work with it via Homebrew. However I think the LAN adapter is pretty rare. Even more rare than the BBA. So I don't know if that would make much sense to kill themselves trying to get a homebrew game to work with the LAN adapter.
Posted:
Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:17 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
alextheman45 wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

True, yea I was mainly clarrifying in terms of its existing limitations. Someone could get a game to work with it via Homebrew. However I think the LAN adapter is pretty rare. Even more rare than the BBA. So I don't know if that would make much sense to kill themselves trying to get a homebrew game to work with the LAN adapter.

I have heard that someone has made a dreamcast lan adapter from scratch.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:15 am
quote : #9
I wonder what the difference is between the HIT-300 and HIT-400. If it's something as simple as a jumper change, a different bios or if the architecture is totally different.
Posted:
Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 am
quote : #10
Type: Katana BIOS
They use totally different hardware between the two, The only thing they have in common is the outside shell. BBA is capable of 100mbps while LAN is only 10mbps and they don't support ANY games. I have both and the only thing useful I can find to do with my LAN adapter is submit dumps to TOSEC database.

Pingu
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 am
quote : #11
According to wikipedia the 0300 uses a Fujitsu MB86967 while the 0400 uses a Realtek 8139.
Would still be fun to see internal pictures of the 0300.