Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage anybody who has ever enjoyed a "block dropping" puzzle game (such as Tetris, Dr. Mario, Columns, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Puzzle Fighter, etc.) to take the time to get to know Puyo Puyo.

It comes in many flavors, and if you've got a GBA, you've got no excuse not to own it. It's very cheap ($10 to $15) and supports 4-player linkup with only one cart.

And the Dreamcast, of course, is the only other way to play 4-player simultaneous. Puyo 4 for DC is it. Then there's the upcoming Puyo Puyo Fever for DC...

So yeah. If you haven't checked it out yet, do yourself a favor and get in touch with your inner Puyo. Very Happy
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:14 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
Oh man, Puyo Puyo is an amazing game, amazing! Me and a friend of mine still play the first two for the genny all damn day. we always switch between the two, because the first one has damn catchy music in the multiplayer game, but the second has a better combo and counter attack system. There's nothing better than your friend thinking he got you with his big combo, and then you counter it and send some back his way. One of my favorite multiplayer games, and one of my favorite games, period.

Truewrestler
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #3
Fever online?

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #4
Truewrestler wrote:
Fever online?

not that i know of. but perhaps in the dreamcast heyday.

but im getting puyo puyo fever when it releaces no doubt. a first party dreamcast title. probably never see that again.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #5
Seriously. First party DC game released yesterday? Amazing.

I'm a little sad that they left out 4-player mode in Fever (and that we still don't have an online Puyo game), but I ain't gonna complain too loudly. This game looks sweet. Smile

Check out a couple of commercials here:
http://asx.pod.tv/sega/free/movie/puyof_cm1_500.asx
http://asx.pod.tv/sega/free/movie/puyof_cm2_500.asx

And a video showing some actual gameplay here:
http://asx.pod.tv/sega/free/2003TGS/puyofever_500.asx
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:50 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Has anyone played Baku Baku for Saturn? That game isso addictive that I stayed up for two night in a row playing with a friend. Good stuph and I reccomend puzzle/gaming fans check it out.

I want to get the new Puyo game, but only if it's like $30-40. I'm not willing to shell out $60-70 for the game.

-Mytho

Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:49 am
quote : #7
im hoping for a LE dc bundled with the game Razz