0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14
DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
yo how do u set up a Q3A server. this topic shud be good for newbs that are tryin to figure out this quake server crap.
banned!
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:51 pm
quote : #2
Quake 3 - With the second best graphics of them all, 4 players per game on and offline and still heavy online support and tons of people to play at all times of the day. The best of the 4 FPS you listed.

UT - In its heyday (and ever to the end) this was a great game with a large online community this game was great, you could find at least 30 people online from 3pm to 3am, the games popularity was the same till the end. But with the Online features gone with games reply value has gone down but with over 50 maps, and up too 4 player this a must have for FPS fans. The graphics could be better a lot better but it was rushed out because Sega dropping Dreamcast support in early 2001.

Outtrigger - Just like Maken X this is another different FPS, example the interesting music. The graphics are the best of all of them, very nice character models, but with small maps and servers not up anymore this game gets 3rd place. It does have multiplayer so you can still have fun with it with some friends.

Maken X - As a FPS its ... well different I have very mixed opinions on this game its fun but I think too boring. Nice graphics but no multiplayer, online or offline it would have made this game better.

And I own all of them, real ones to got them all new Very Happy I would post a link to my site for setting up a DC server but I still haven't made one yet.. It’s on my list for soon additions

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:38 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I picked Outtrigger. I have an obsession with that game. Although it was tough with UT having 60+ maps, and Quake 3 having the most robust network features. Tough decision indeed, but Outtrigger is my personal favorite. I have never played Maken X yet though. I'll have to track it down.
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:34 am
quote : #4
your right about maken x being alil boring, it gits dull once ina while(thats why i sold my US version to my friend...hahah)

Unreal Tournament gits first place for me. (itz ridiculously fun wen your drunk or high or have drunk or high friends playin wit u...lol...same goes for virtua tennis)

OutTrigger is the game i didnt really git to play alot, since my cousin borrowed it from a friend and such. da weapons were coo and da muzik wuz phat(nothing compared to Heavy Metal : Geomatrix soundtrack, da gameplay and muzik went well 2getha)

Quake III Arena....Quake....Quake...i still play this, on and offline. its fun for the first couple of matches but den...it happens....i drop the controller...and got git sumthing to eat...lol...den i neva come back to da game...lol

the game that always kept me at the Dreamcast wuz Unreal Tournament.
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:38 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
My rankings go like this
1st Outtrigger online was a blast
offline wasnt to bad the 1st time through

2nd Quake always a blast off or online and trying unlock all the secrets keeps me playing.

3rd UT Online I could pick a empty map and in about 15 minutes I could be in a 8 deathmatch!

Maken X DCmagic is right it is different not a bad game , but not a great 1 either.
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:44 pm
quote : #6
i remember i bought UT at the beginning of june 2003. i was surprised i found that 1 server. there were always people and not idle. but 2 things really pissed me off.
1. Those dicks wont stop comitting suicide so that the map never changed and
2. The server shut down 15 days or so after i got it
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:01 am
quote : #7
outtrigger owns. just somthing about that game. it was just so JAPANESE... you know what i mean? everybody yells and all the music is dreivative of bad 80's hair metal. and theres those seasure inducing flashing lights, so cool.. but since its offline id say quake is a close 2nd. defiantly a staple in any dc collection.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:12 am
quote : #8
Personally, I hate all FPS's for consoles. The DC one's, though, allow users to use a keyboard and mouse which is pretty cool. I hate FPS games that you have to play using a console controller, whatever the system. The only FPS's I usually play are on my crappy comp, but I really want to get a copy of Quake III and a mouse sometime soon.

Laters