Topic: worms armageddon

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i bought worms armageddon a couple weeks ago pal format and it worked when i put it in, i went to use it again and it wouldnt work so i decided to buy a new copy, it came today and i tried it and it worked but when i finished a match it just went black and died on me, now when i try to get it to work it wont load it just says sega powered by microsoft ce so on and so forth and it goes back to bios. i looked at the disc before using it and it was fine, then looked at it afterwards and it still seemed fine, but i noticed on both copies a bizarre line all the way round the disc closer to the outter edge that doesnt look like the sorta line my dc could make, its not surface damage, anyway i just thought i'd ask if anyone in the uk has a working copy? my new dc hasnt damaged any other games i own so i thought the game was manufactured faulty maybe, any info would be helpful, ta.
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It sounds like your DC could be dying on you. The line your seeing, could be a seperation in data on the disc. Just different sectors. My guess is your Dreamcast might be dying. But thats just a shot in the dark. Maybe take a pic of the line ont he disc so we could see? If you have access to a camera.
Posted:
Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:16 am
quote : #3
i'll give it a shot but the dc has been working perfectly, its quite new and hasnt damaged anyother games, i had headhunter in it for over 2 hours a week ago and the disc is fine. only thing i wont be able to do is link to the picture i'd have to email you it or something. im gonna sit down over xmas and test the dc on all my games to see if it causes a problem. the previous dc i had made very faint scratches in a circle around the disc but it wasnt a whole circle which means something was rubbing but the line on both copies of worms is perfect and it doesnt appear to be a scratch. if my dc is packing in i will probably kill someone as i only just registered my pso codes to the new dc i bought.
Posted:
Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:10 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmm doesn't sound like your DC is failing then if your other games are running just fine. That's mysterious indeed why your having problems with worms.
Posted:
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:00 pm
quote : #5
i thought it might be that worms armageddon is a pretty old game but then i have soul calibur sonic adventure and blue stinger, they all work and there from the release. i dont know what the problem is but if my dc kills my new copy of ikaruga i will go f-ing nuts.

Posted Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:48 am:

GOOD NEWS!! my current copy of worms armageddon seems to be working ok, so counting this in my collection i now have 199 games with 3 on the way, thank kcuf for that, im gonna be so gentle to my dreamcast, if it dies i will go nuts.