Previous  1, 2
Gareth.de
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:55 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
undergr3nades wrote:
i've said this before and i will say it again, i dont have a credit card, or anything to pay with online. i dont have an ebay account, and i wont get one. everyone understand? just making sure

Well that's just stupid if you ask me. You're denying yourself a world of DC bargains.

Takes all sorts I guess.

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:08 pm
quote : #17
Gareth.de wrote:
undergr3nades wrote:
i've said this before and i will say it again, i dont have a credit card, or anything to pay with online. i dont have an ebay account, and i wont get one. everyone understand? just making sure

Well that's just stupid if you ask me. You're denying yourself a world of DC bargains.

Takes all sorts I guess.

Dont be an ass. Some people are afraid to buy online, they dont feel its safe. Or it could just be that he cant get a credit card, which makes online ordering hard.
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:29 pm
quote : #18
He could be a minor, and in that case, it's perfectly reasonable that he wouldn't have a credit card or the ability to make online purchases.

How are my little crackers doing today?
undergr3nades
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:06 pm
quote : #19
i am a minor, and i cant get a credit card, and even with a credit card, i would be weary about buying online. i have a job at a video game store, and we never get any good dreamcast games, or at least the ones i want. and so thats just about my only option, other than calling ebgames, and other game stores that still sale dc games, and seeing what they have and i can buy them. therefore, heres the facts...

* i'm a minor

* no credit card, nor do I want one

* to many crocks on ebay

dont be an ass to minors, because the situations for us are a little harder then anyone else
f355
segaswirl
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:36 pm
quote : #20
Credit card payments are not the only method of payment on ebay.... money orders, checks, etc. But if security is a concern like it seems to be the only secure way is paypal's buyer protection policy (kinda). Which if the payment is over $25 and you dont receive the item and the seller didnt provide a tracking number they will partially refund your payment. Ebay does have some loops and cracks in its system and so does paypal. But the overall experience of ebay has been great for me. Of course your gonna run into some non-trustworthy people but thats life.....
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:54 pm
quote : #21
i know there is other methods of payment, but i think its stupid for an item that would be 2 dollars on ebay, they charge 10 dollars shipping, when it really only takes 5 dollars at most, for a game. just so they can pocket a little more. plus i'm a teenager that barely gets money as it is, on a check for about 250 every two weeks, 100 goes to insurance, 50 for gas, and the rest goes towards car payments, do i have money to buy off ebay? making a money order for 55 cents? lol, no. it would be easier if someone said, look, i will give you this game and you will pay me this exact amount, or something similar to this.
f355
segaswirl
sonicfreak5
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:53 pm
quote : #22
First thing id like to say after i get my DC Internet ready u tell me when the game starts and i'll be happy to play Quake 3 online with fellow users.

undergr3nades wrote:

I just got Quake House The Dead 2 for $12 heres what i did.

Bid on a auction that has "Money Order"
Go to local pharmacy or Post office
Get a "money order"
Put your name and adress and the sellers name and adress.
Very simple.

Not hard unless you are like 12 years old not even

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:57 pm:

undergr3nades wrote:
i know there is other methods of payment, but i think its stupid for an item that would be 2 dollars on ebay, they charge 10 dollars shipping, when it really only takes 5 dollars at most, for a game. just so they can pocket a little more. plus i'm a teenager that barely gets money as it is, on a check for about 250 every two weeks, 100 goes to insurance, 50 for gas, and the rest goes towards car payments, do i have money to buy off ebay? making a money order for 55 cents? lol, no. it would be easier if someone said, look, i will give you this game and you will pay me this exact amount, or something similar to this.

Thats pretty sad you cant [pay $10 for a game

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quake-III-Arena-Dreamcast-Online-NoReserve_W0QQitemZ8215135042QQcategoryZ62053QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$6 not even very simple not hard

undergr3nades
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:13 pm
quote : #23
thank you sonicfreak5, thats all anyone had to tell me. my bday is coming up, looking forward to some cash. Smile yes, i'm turning 18 finally.. whoo. anyways, thanks, thats all i needed to know on how to purchase online. i've tried a money order before, but albertsons is stupid and couldnt figure it out or something, so i said screw it and never tried again. thanks !
f355
segaswirl
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:18 am
quote : #24
Here's a better option. Instead of getting a money order, why not start a checking account at a bank? Most banks give you a debit card that you can use to buy stuff online such as eBay. That way, you can't get ripped off with money order since you'll have proof of any transaction through your card. I know I use my card to purchase Dreamcast stuff.

Stonefreeze

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:10 am
quote : #25
also there are joint credit cards that u and ur parents can look over until you become an adult.