Topic: Sonic Adventure 1 Save File

Page 1 of 1
Zero
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:26 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I recently shuffled around all my memory card data so that my game saves are on 1 of 4 memory cards and not 1 of 12. In the move the data for Sonic Adventure 1 got corrupted or something because the game wouldn't recognize the fact that it was on a memory card. So i went online to Gamefaqs.com which has an extensive list of downloadable dreamcast game saves. The one for Sonic adventure with all 130 emeblems unlocked was not working for me. So now to ask my questions. 1) does the data for sonic adventure work for anyone eles? (i only tried to download it right to the Dreamcast memory card i don't know what the other option is or means) 2) Mabey this question can go to the admin of the page but can we get a section up with game saves on it i think it would be good for the community to be able to trade save files. ( i have seen the download section of this webpage and it's good but there could be more Smile 3) Lastly if we could upload saves would anyone be willing to break down the process and explain it so that lame asses like me with very limited knowlage could figure it out and upload too
Thank you
Zero
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:50 pm
quote : #2
It's worked for me before. I wanted to play the bonus level. The browser, connection, file, these all can play into if it will work or not.
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:22 pm
quote : #3
I've had really strange experiences with Sonic Adventure 1 save files, my own ones mind you, and I have no idea why. When I first got SA, my game would freeze on a black screen when loading level two. I thought it must have been my disc, so I repeatedly cleaned it before giving up. Well, after recovering from my frustration I bought another copy of SA1only to have the same thing happen to me again! This time, I deleted my save file, but it still locked up the next time it loaded between level 1 and 2.

It wasn't until I reformatted my VMU that it finally worked correctly. I still have no idea what really happened that caused my VMU to be corrupted. All of my other saved files on the VMU worked correctly, but SA never did work until I completely reformatted my VMU.

Weird.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:27 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
in my personal experience its never a good thing to trust sonic adventure, strange things happen when people play that game. Some say, that if the game realy fucks up you'll get a phone call telling you that you'll die in 7 days.......
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:03 pm
quote : #5
I downloaded many other saved game files because im a big lame and don't want to log the hours required to get the satisfaction of beating a game ligitmitly Smile yeah it was really only that one sonic adventure file on gamefaqs.com that wouldn't work for me. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with sonic adventure and reformating memory cards i feel your pain on that one every time i want to attempt to get a networked game for granturismo 4 working my ps2 modem eats a big bowl of wang and requires a reformat.
Zero
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:09 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
There were a couple emblems in SA that I could not find for the life of me back around a year ago, so went online and downloaded the GameFaqs save. It worked fine. I ran around as Super Sonic and felt the power and all was good in the world.

Mind you, this was a year ago.

Anyway, I brought up the idea of some kind of public gamesaves trading function added to the site some time ago (my idea was for creatable content swapping like THPS2 parks, V-Rally tracks, ghost cars, that sort of thing). If I remember correctly, Nikon disapproved because it wouldn't flow with the main goal of the site: furthering the spread of information about playing DC games online. Whatever reason it was, I remember that it made sense.

I had planned on setting up an online depository of save files myself (for created content, gamesaves can be found just about anywhere), where parks and tracks and the like could be reviewed and set up to freely download using a DC web browser, but my experience with website creation is limited to extremely low-level HTML, and I got really busy with work the past month (we had a few people quit without notice), so it sort of fell to the wayside, and now sits quietely on the back burner with a few other projects I've been working on on and off (THPS2 Remix, DC case mod, and a mod for Wolfenstien on the DC).

That said, Nikon seems to be very busy with the site lately (and, I'm assuming, with the rest of his life, including the jobs that keep this website afloat), so if anyone else is interested enough to take up the project I would be willing to help in any way I could.

Chris3025
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:50 pm
quote : #7
Well my DC website is up and running, and I wouldn't mind setting up a VMU section, pm me so we can talk about it further, the site i'm referring it is in my sig.