Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
in a local shop by me i might be able to get cannon spike for around $20 to $30 the games mint includes a flawless jewel and inserts. should i jump on this?

the only thing about it is its a mom and pop shop so the man who runs the shop is holding the game for some one. but he may not buy it and if he does not. i am next in line to have at it.
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:50 am
quote : #2
20-30 is pretty much the standard going rate for Cannon Spike. I spent $30.95 on mine after shipping.
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:45 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
20-30 is pretty much the standard going rate for Cannon Spike. I spent $30.95 on mine after shipping.
did you order your copy nikon? because the thing is if you buy from a local store things tend to be cheaper. and i looked at ebay before posting here and i seen them as high as this ebay sale 54.99 plus 5 shipping for used seems high.ebay had other copies selling in the $40 dollar range too. but as we all know ebay is inflated.

amazon had them going from $30-$60 used. so if i can ima grab this game from this shop. anyone know if its any good? i want it for my DC collection anyway.
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:39 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
gary_b wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
did you order your copy nikon? because the thing is if you buy from a local store things tend to be cheaper. and i looked at ebay before posting here and i seen them as high as this ebay sale 54.99 plus 5 shipping for used seems high.ebay had other copies selling in the $40 dollar range too. but as we all know ebay is inflated.

amazon had them going from $30-$60 used. so if i can ima grab this game from this shop. anyone know if its any good? i want it for my DC collection anyway.

Its quite simply supply and demand. The Mom and pop shop does not have a endless line of people waiting to buy the game, ebay does. If you can get it from the shop its nearly always cheaper just by avoiding over inflated P&P charges. I dont know anything about this specific game so I cant comment on that.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:25 pm
quote : #5
You have to factor in transportation costs. Whenever people bring up how they found some game at a store for such and such a price, I always ask them how many trips did it take them to find the game for that price at the store. Sure walking in and buying it, and walking out is one thing. However if you drove to 3 different stores to find it, then you have to factor in gas expenses into the cost of the item.

Cannon Spike is a Top Down shooter like SmashTV by Capcom. Like other Capcom games on the Dreamcast, they are hard to track down. The rarity plus the fact that they are good games raises their value.
Posted:
Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:45 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
You have to factor in transportation costs. Whenever people bring up how they found some game at a store for such and such a price, I always ask them how many trips did it take them to find the game for that price at the store. Sure walking in and buying it, and walking out is one thing. However if you drove to 3 different stores to find it, then you have to factor in gas expenses into the cost of the item.

Cannon Spike is a Top Down shooter like SmashTV by Capcom. Like other Capcom games on the Dreamcast, they are hard to track down. The rarity plus the fact that they are good games raises their value.

I havent YET started going into specific stores looking for games I am always going in there anyway or passing on my way home from work etc. I may have to start visiting more out of my area shops where I think I may pick up bargins simply due to what I have found recently. In recent weeks I have found in local stores games to the value of £55 or $110 ebay prices. I paid £9 or $18 dollars for these games so I am way off setting fuel costs. For the Dreamcast I found PSO V1 50p or $1 and Sonic adventure 2 for 50p or $1. To say I was pleased is an understatement.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:36 pm
quote : #7
This is one of those games which are overpriced. The game is 2 short and not a must have. I plaid it and was disapointed. But thats my personal view Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:21 pm
quote : #8
If you are credit feeding your way through game, beating the end boss and powering off thinking you are done, then you missing out on the whole point. The goal is to eventually beat it on 1 credit. Meaning beating the game with 3 lives, no continues. This is the gold standard for most arcade games.