Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
So my friends and I each have BBAs for our dreamcast. We thought about being really nerdy and setting up a LAN so we can play the game with no lag with all the levels instead of playing split screen. Anyways, I know the server setup is listed on the site to host our own server ( I used to host way back in the day so I kinda understand how it works). But my question is how do I get the server to just broadcast on our network so we can connect to it localy only? Is this possible? Would be totally awesome if we could get it working. I'll post screenshots for sure if we get it up and running.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 14, 2009 11:30 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
For the run server command, where it says "dedicated 2", simply set that to dedicated 1 instead. That will force the server to run on your LAN only and will not advertise to the master list.

Then all you will need are your Dreamcast's on the same LAN where the server is hosted, and that you know the IP address of the server so you can manually input it to connect on each DC.

I'd love to see some pics as well if you go through with it Wink
Posted:
Mon May 18, 2009 6:42 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Okay I have my server up and running. Now I just have to get my friends over. BTW is there anyway I can control the level order using the server console?