Previous  1, 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:04 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If peens is talking about somehow taking a single screen image and chopping it in half so only the half screen is sent to each monitor, I do not even believe that is possible. Plus remember you have to configure the game! So you need the full screen image on both screens.
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:35 pm
quote : #17
We used to do this with RF splitters and Goldeneye on the N64 years ago. We had rf cables and splitters daisy-chained together with four TVs, with three quarters of each screen obscured by cardboard. It was awesome.

There is no reason why it wouldn't work over VGA, and it would give a considerably cleaner image on screen as opposed to the poor guy who's screen was three rf splitters separated from the console.

I would assume you could use three splitters total to get a four monitor output, which would be awesome for games like Quake III. Something like this: (With the S being splitters and the M being monitors)

___M
                     /___M
                    /
               ____S
              /
             /
DC----------S
             \
              \____S
                    \____M
                     \____M

If you wanted to go absolutely batshit about the setup, you could rig up a total of five monitors, with the fifth being obscured from all of the players. This way each player could resize their own screens to enlarge their view somewhat, and there would still be one system left untouched for configuring the game between matches.

I don't have the hardware required, but if anyone gets a setup like this up and running, defiitely post some pictures.

edit: Nikon, thanks for fixing my code

Last edited by Einhander on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:35 pm
quote : #18
Thats just too crazy in my opinion. Plus, for any FPS on the DC you would want to use a mouse and keyboard if possible. So for outtrigger a 2 system setup would be ideal. Going 4 would force you to use controllers.

Though if you DID want to go 4 players, I think setting up 4 displays is a touch much, and impractical. What I would do instead, is still cover up the lower or bottom half of the screen, but do team deathmatch 2 on 2.
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm
quote : #19
i believe the two monitor would be the way to go with teamates. that way you wouldn't really even have to talk alot to get good teamwork b/c you could just peak and see what your teammate was up to.on a side note i may have to pick up a few splitters i could do this either way b/c i happen to be in possesion of a few old c64 monitors to my wifes chagrin. Laughing
Posted:
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 am
quote : #20
Hi crux here, want to share information regarding VGA splitter. I want to know how to implement the VGA splitter on my console. I got certain log regarding it and want to implement it. Actually I need to work with different files or system flow to be displayed on different display devices in same time and the campus is fully connected with LAN connection.
Posted:
Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am
quote : #21
A VGA splitter on the Dreamcast will simply allow you to display the same video signal to 2 different displays. It must be connected to a Dreamcast VGA box, and then to 2 separate monitors.