Page Location: Home > DL Content / Net Rankings > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
its hard to get my girl freind to touch my dreamcast. she hates most video games. i got her a SNES for cristmas 2 years ago and thats about all she would play. and only about 5 games for it. she like simple games. tetris, Dr mario and the like. i told her she should try some of my clasic games for the DC like namco museum and atari clasics. and she should also try the easy games like sega swirl and chu chu rocket.

i put sega swirl in the DC. and before she even started the game. she says in a grumpy voice i dont even know how to play this. i told her it was realy easy and to just give it a try. after she stared it she fell in love with the game and wouldnt take it out to try chu chu rocket lmao.

finaly i said she should try chu chu rocket and she got grumpy again. after she figured out how to play chu chu rocket she wouldnt stop untill she beet the normal mode. Laughing then she said ok time to play sega swirl again.

i used the GDrom to put the pc version on her computer for her. she says she likes the DC version more. the pc one looked watered down. she is truly addicted to sega swirl now Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:24 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
This is probably my favorite free game. Actually I play it sometimes some levels, but I really enjoy playing against 3 other players Very Happy

Ragensi
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 pm
quote : #3
Yay! first post Smile

Yeah , Swirl is one of my wife's favorite games. Now that I have the Dreamcast as my center console in the living room , shes glued to it again. Very Happy

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:58 pm
quote : #4
Ragensi wrote:
Yay! first post Smile

Yeah , Swirl is one of my wife's favorite games. Now that I have the Dreamcast as my center console in the living room , shes glued to it again. Very Happy
welcome to Onlineconsoles

my GF kicked my ass so much she got bored of it after a while.
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:40 am
quote : #5
I actully enjoy this game lots! It gets challenging as the game progresses. It's one of those quickie gaames. Where you pick it up plaay for aa while and then go on your way. I actually feel like plaaying it not but can't doing other stuff =[ maybe tomorrow.

PS. Also one of the few dc online games!

lisalover1
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:28 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
My Mom won't stop playing this game. Whenever I try to go play Jet Grind Radio or Crazy Taxi, she's there playing Sega Swirl! Laughing

davesanti
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:27 pm
quote : #7
Yeah Swirl is just one of those games you can always come back too.
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:05 pm
quote : #8
I bought a Dreamcast at launch and just NOW found out about it lol. It IS a great puzzler. It's a shame it's so unknown outside of the hardcore Sega crowd.

g1m2
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:20 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
It is cool to see so much support for SEGA Swirl!! The game started as a project I was programming on my laptop and then I added the play over email support so that we could take advantage of the Dreamcast modem before any network server infrastructure was ready. After we got play over email working, the project immediately got greenlit to go over to Dreamcast and the rest is history.

We created a sequel called SEGA Swirl 2, but it got very limited support and only has been publicly released on GameTap.

We have several cool ideas for a new updated version of SEGA Swirl and we hope to bring it to some new platforms. There are many systems that would make a lot of sense - so it is really just getting the official permission and support to move ahead!!!

Thanks again to everyone for playing our game - we really like it too!!!!

Best regards,
Scott

Jetstor
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 pm
quote : #10
Hi! I don't know if anyone will still read this as the last post to this topic is kinda old now, but I like to add that I own a DC for several years but discovered Sega Swirl just a couple of months ago and fell in love with it. Puzzles are one of my favorite genres and SS is one of the best, it is challenging without being frustrating. Hey Scott, there's anywhere else we could find/play SS2? I've tried Gametap but it is not there anymore... anyway congratulations for this great game!