Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am getting a bit better with the controller pad. I was just kicking around an online match and its feeling more natural the more and more I play with it. Takes a while since the face buttons are so spaced out. Mouse and Keyboard is still the best but now I am not so bad with the controller.
Posted:
Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:42 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't mind playing with the controller myself. I swapped the movement controls to the face buttons and aim with the analog stick. Changing weapons is performed by moving the D-Pad left and right and use item is mapped to D-Pad down.

The reason why I move with the face buttons is that walking is an action you can easily equate in a binary fashion. Taking one step equals quickly pressing a button. Aiming is all about quickly flicking the analog stick around and scanning your surroundings.

Kansas1327
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 am
quote : #3
I have always used the controller. I do not even own a mouse and keyboard. I always liked the idea of laying in bed relaxing while playing (although todwy I prefer PC gaming). I was decent playing though. I always used the Unreal Tournament controls.