Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
For those who were not aware, a new GDROM of Propeller Arena recently went up for auction on eBay.

The link is as follows:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast-Propeller-Arena-Prototype-US-UNRELEASED-Ultra-Rare-GD-ROM-Tes ted-/262033658327?hash=item3d026c51d7

The auction ended at $579 on September 8th. The money will surely go to a good cause, as the person who worked at Sega who owned this disc is currently battling cancer.

Auction description:

Quote:
You are bidding on the US Prototype version of Propeller Arena. This game was slated to be released in 2001, but cancelled in the US due to 9/11 and the sensitivity of planes and buildings at the time. The game is on a special GD ROM which was what Sega of America used for testing and evaluation prior to release. The pictures of the game are of this actual GD ROM being played. GD ROM is in excellent condition with no scratches or fingerprints. This was given to my husband when worked at Sega. Please know what you are bidding on and how to use it. There will be no refunds on prototypes. Please look at our feedback and know you are getting items as described. Please ask any and all questions. Free Shipping in the US! International bidders pay actual cost of shipping.

I wonder if this disc will get dumped and released to the community, or simply sit in someone's collection.
Posted:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:20 am
quote : #2
seems like a really low price for something so rare
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:15 am
quote : #3
That does seem quite like quite a low winning bid.. Hopefully we see a fresh dump of it's contents soon. Is it known how complete the existing image that's available was to completion?