Page Location: Home > Game Organization > Topic
DC_Player
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So I tried to play a match online almost a year ago but the connection was way to weak as I was going through a free dial-up ISP number, I tried off and on since then to make a PC-DC server and was successful enough to get the web browser to work but still wasn't able to play online. Today I decided to give DreamPi another chance as its been updated since and to my surprise I am now able to play online with a medium to good connection, I have to admit I'm pretty anxious to play a match online so if anyone would like to play before the usual Fraggin' Friday let me know, I really don't want to wait that long lol.
Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:12 am
quote : #2
Hey DC_Player, I want to get some Q3 going as well. I have an unpredictable weekend so I am not sure when I will be able to play as I might not be near my Dreamcast for parts of the weekend.

I will be working to meet up with you on Q3 soon though. Glad you finally found a stable network solution for your Dreamcast Wink
Posted:
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 pm
quote : #3
So am I, sounds good just let me know when you are able to play my time zone is UTC-05:00 and I've been sleeping during the day so hopefully I'll be up Shocked .

Also I did an experiment with my line voltage inducer and added a toggle switch to the positive wire on the 9v battery snap in hopes that it would cut power to the 9v battery so I didn't have to unplug it every time, I'm not sure on the battery but when I flip the switch it looses connection to the internet so hopefully the battery doesn't drain while its plugged in and the switch is flipped off, not sure if many people have thought of trying it but I thought I'd throw that out there in case you or anyone else would like to try that to save on battery life. Smile

And sorry about the Unreal Tournament question, I didn't know it was asked so many times lol