Page 1 of 1
jial
rank 3
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi, Finally I connected with my dreampi and the first game I tested was starlancer. I love play online with my dreamcast again and I have several questions because I very interested about how works it.

starlancer need any server software? if gamespy is down how can connect with it? is this software released if exists?

I want to be clear , I´m not interested about mount a alternative server, only want to know how works all dreamcast server and if is posible experiment with it.

thanks you !!!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi jial,

OC currently hosts a Starlancer server environment which can be accessed by setting the Dreamcast's DNS to:

Be patient when connecting, as it can take a few minutes for Starlancer to connect.

The server tools and a guide will eventually be provided, soon hopefully. There are some steps needed first, such as getting in touch with the person I collaborated with to clarrify source code licenses etc, as it was developed a long time ago. My eventual goal is to have all server technology, along with guides and related tools available on the site for everyone to access.

I have been busy with multiple archiving tasks since the start of the year. One of which is gamefront.com, which hosted many Quake 3 mods that are dreamcast compatible. This task has been occupying most of my time recently.
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm
quote : #3
No problem lordnikon, I understand it!! I will wait for it. Thank you very much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Tact
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:35 pm
quote : #4
Recently we tested out starlancer and it seems to work fine when we were using netopia or properly configured pc-dc, but it does not work for dreampi users. Some people are currently looking into fixing the issue. Sad I know I can't wait to fix this and get more people online! hopefully have a full game of 6 someday soon.
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.211.158.34:27960/
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:45 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
This could be the result of port mapping. I still have to look at the setup for DreamPi to see what is all involved with setting that up. Starlancer uses a variety of services, including the gamespy peerchat and master list. These ports might not be mapped within DreamPi which is why users might be having trouble connecting. (Just a guess)
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 pm
quote : #6
Hi, few minutes ago I connect to starlancer server throught my dreampi. All seems to work fine. I created a game, and I have played. I don´t have any specific configuration for my dreampi nor dreamcast.

I hope this help you.

Tact
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:24 pm
quote : #7
Were you able to play with other people? or just by yourself. So far everyone is able to connect and create a game just fine, however that game won't show for anyone and you can't join anyone else's games either.
And you're right Nikon its something with the ports, some pc-dc players were able to fix the problem they were having and play together while I was using netopia, they had to setup properly configured port forwarding to the pc and mapping through the vmward and winroute. Not sure the details as they were in russia and I don't know their exact setup. I think kazade is working to fix it among his many other related projects, someone will fix it soon we will get 6 people on starlancer! =D
jial
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:38 am
quote : #8
Well, I was playing alone, because nobody was online when I connected. But if someone connect I will try to test it.

which ports I should redirect in my router for starlancer?

Tact
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:31 pm
quote : #9
Once we get this figured out we will play a lot of starlancer!! =D
Tact
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm
quote : #10
OK So Starlancer does work for some people and you're all on your own. I give up.

done.
jial
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm
quote : #11
I haven't tried to connect since last message to starlancer, but if anyone wants to connect we can test it and try to find out why people can´t play together but they can create rooms.

If helps I'm using dreampi 1.3 with viking line simulator and dell Dell-branded RD02-D400, and starlancer PAL

Tact don´t give up, we will find the solution
Smile Smile Wink Wink

kazade
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:36 am
quote : #12
Apparently the Dreampi does work with Starlancer, but you must have DMZ or port forwarding set to go to the right IP (normally xxx.xxx.xxx.9Cool. Pcwzrd13 tested it last night with the guy who did the chu chu rocket server, both had Dreampi's

jial
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:08 am
quote : #13
Kazade, do you know which ports we need to forward to dreamcast? Thank you

Tact
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:58 am
quote : #14
So I do have port forwarding or DMZ set and it still does not work. Why does this not work I did everything you said to do .
Not working for me. Why not?! Fix it for me

lol don't worry about it I've tried everything It just won't work for me. You all have fun playing it
I'll stick with quake and pso... as always
loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:47 am
quote : #15
slow your roll man and think on it again just dont rush it you might miss a step or 2 a clear head works better than a overthinking head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil