Sayuri
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Couldn't think of a good title.

How do you do, indeed? I have something of a story, I suppose. I was born in late 2000, and by the time I discovered the existence of the Dreamcast I was 12 years old and its time was long over. I got my DC in 2013 along with a copy of Sonic Adventure, and that was the first time I've ever touched both the system and that game! I was still a kid with no income, I hated chores, and I couldn't afford any more games so I burned a few, like Sonic Adventure 2 (again, my first time ever playing that game). But what really got me excited was when I found out that there was a Bomberman game for the system, Bomberman Online! Oh man, I was giddy with anticipation while I was burning that. I grew up with a PS2 and a SNES (Later a Wii as well), and I played the hell out of Super Bomberman 2 with my family.

With Bomberman Online, I loved the game, and at the time, I did know the servers have long since been shut down. But I was also aware that the Dreamcast scene was still very much alive, and I heard of games like Phantasy Star's online mode being kept alive by fans. For a long time I searched everywhere on the Internet, hoping to christ that someone, some group of people did the same with Bomberman Online, but to no avail. I was so disappointed. Single player in BO wasn't bad at all, but playing it online would have been so awesome. I could only get so much out of playing it with my siblings before they got bored of it. Even now, rarely I'll just search stuff like "bomberman online dreamcast current online" or other nonsensical mumbo-jumbo hoping in vain that something happened. Man, if I was just born like... 8 years earlier!

Well, I don't really know where I was going with that, but, yeah, that was a thing. When I'm able I want to buy non-burned games for the system. Anyone have recommendations? I'm not big on racers and fighting games, but anything else is fine. I also tried Seaman once, and... uh... well, that was certainly an experience.

Thanks for your time Cool

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think Bomberman Online is great offline, both in single player and local multi-player.

If you are looking to pick up some original GD-ROM's, here are a few suggestions:

Armada
Blue Stinger
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Ooga Booga
Record of Lodoss War
Zombie Revenge

These are all still Dreamcast exclusives. I could have did a long exhaustive list of analysis and pricing, but just figured I would toss up a few known games on the DC that were released in the US and didn't make it onto any other platforms.

Welcome to the boards btw. Wink
Posted:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:07 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Thank you for the suggestions! The last three looked interesting, I'll find out more about them.