Topic: Red Cat help!

Page 1 of 1
missy
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:47 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
The safe car in Daytona USA 2001, known as Red Cat, one of the hidden vehicles, how come I can't get it? Everywhere read it's unlocked by 20 hours, I have over 100 hours and it still didn't show up. I have all other cars unlocked except this one, including the Jet known as Javelin. I thought my save data might be corrupted somehow, then I started a new data, accumulated another 20 hours in the new save file, and still nothing happens, no new car. Any idea? I run it on Redream. Just why or how to get it? How come I get the Javelin (100 hours) but still no Red Cat? I love this game but this issue frustrate me, and looks like there is no solution to it, as everywhere simply say it's unlocked by 20 hours, without any special trick. Please help, any suggestion is appreciated. I tried to use NullDC but it says unable to find bios, I think it should not be the problem of platform anyway? Hidden car should be a game content or playthrough issue right.

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:14 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Although I have the game I did not get into it to get any unlockables, so I went to gamefaqs and the way I say mentioned was win a race online Exclamation
yeah I know the game has been offline for quite some time I even saw the question asked in the boards Q & A (with no real answer)
I still did not see the 20 hours,
[EDIT]
Looking around further I did see this alternatively 20 hours at gamefaqs there was a guide written by Taro, you might want to email that author if they can provide more information.
missy
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:00 am
quote : #3
Hey DaMan, thanks for the help. This game is great with or without the safe car anyway, but I'm very curious about the information of unlocking the vehicle that everyone is saying (about 20 hours) could be not so accurate? I think I should have came by the guide you mentioned, it was 20 years ago and I'm worrying if the email is still working, but I'll try. I do think that it could be an emulation issue, it will be good to see if someone else use the same Redream, and get the Red Cat simply by sitting there 20 hours. Or the car is indeed unlocked by doing something else that no one noticed, that this is likely not the case. Just sent an email to the guide writer, and it wasn't delivered it says "Address not found" oops. I'm also thinking, the Red Cat is likely requires network accessibility to get, even though you may not need to win, at least play one game online I don't know.