Topic: starlancer

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i realise this is not a question about the online play but i need help with an offline mission, number 20 is giving me problems, its the one where you have to masquerade as coalition ships and it has 2 parts, you do the masquerade then get your fighters and start destroying the torpedo launchers, i just cant do it, no sooner have i destroyed one than another starts shooting at the yamato and before i get there in time to stop them the damn thing explodes, or i get caught by a torpedo going by, let me know if anyone has some tips as this mission is stopping me from progressing, also if i try to restart that section i get jammed in the shoot and cant get out. so i have to restart the dc. let me know if you have any tips.
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:15 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Don't go for the actual Torpedo Bombers. Just destroy the torpedo and go for the next one. I think there are three torpedo launchers in that mission. Fly near the yamato and target the nearest torpedo. Fly towards it and blow it up and then move on to the other two. It you stop for a split second to decided which torpedo will hit first, it will save you time and trouble later. I think that each bomber has 4 torpedos so you with have to destroy a total of 12 torpedos in "rounds." You are going to need a fast ship for this mission. I suggest a Phoenix or Shroud if possible. If it doesn't work, I will start up the mission and see what works for me (I have all 24 missions saved separately).
I hope it helps.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:20 pm
quote : #3
thanks mertens, i generally go for the torpedoes first anyway i just didnt think the launchers ever stop shooting torpedoes, what i do is target the top torpedo on the list destroy it and go for the next one, but when one has finished the next has already started hitting the yamato before i can even bloody turn round! then of course i restart it and i get locked in the launch shoot because it goes a bit wrong. cheers for the tips, and let me know what you find best.
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:45 pm
quote : #4
The torpedo at the bottom of the list is the one that will hit first. If you are really having lots of trouble, you may want to select missiles you think might help. I think EMP missiles will destroy a torpedo, maybe a havok. Or you could go for some powerful fire-and-forget missiles that should take out atleast one bomber for you.
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:46 am
quote : #5
Yea Mertens is the StarLancer expert, he always knows the deal :D
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:10 am
quote : #6
lol, i guess I should be considering it is the only video game I have played since July. After years of Colony Wars, the improved graphics and inflight chatter is a welcomed improvement.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:43 pm
quote : #7
yeah man starlancer rocks, thanks for that tip i thought the torpedo on the top of the list was the nearest one, ok i'll go for the bottom one and see how i do, cheers for that man