1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Anyone remember me saying this before? I predicted before that sega was preparing to overhaul their website. BAM look I told you they were gonna do it.

http://www.sega.com/home.php

They revamped everything. Oh and btw. All sega dreamcast coverage.....

GONE. DELETED. ELIMINATED.

They took it all down. No more dreamcast coverage. The sega message boards are now gone also.

This is nuts now dreamcast is entirely a underground community effort. Sega of America really was hell bent on ridding themselves of the dreamcast I guess.
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:05 pm
quote : #2
What? Dreamcast? Naw, that NEVER happened according to Sega. Shocked

Way to try and bury the past guys. Pretty sad.

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:08 pm
quote : #3
a fucking shame. The japanese sega site kicks the american ones ass though. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:22 pm
quote : #4
gah, damn them

Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:25 pm
quote : #5
biggest mistake of the century

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:42 pm
quote : #6
Yea I guess those mediocre design graduates gotta get jobs somewhere. Damn shame corporate execs are too stupid to tell the difference between a good designer and a bad one. I think I will go on the record for saying that at this point in time...the site we are looking at right now......is horrid.

It could get better though. Maybe...
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:36 pm
quote : #7
that site aint too bad, also if you click sonic central then select sonic games, it gives you a run down of all systems he has been on inc there old titles such as genesis, dc, saturn and all the others. it sucks that they dont support dc fans tho. thats actually quite evil, i just tried all my off site links from places like sonic team and the opening page on dreamkey and none work, how shit
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #8
Would be sweet if they had just a page, a measly page, for a biography on each system, you know just a little history. Their history, no, our history, these people are trying to bury it. Oh well I know a better site to get dc and sega info:

www.onlineconsoles.com Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:51 pm
quote : #9
Damn traitors, i would never have thought sega would have a ps2,gc,xbox page rather then their creation- dreamcast

Fuckers!
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #10
yeah, if you stop to think about it, it does seem really weird and unfortunate.
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:30 pm
quote : #11
Yep, it's quite sad. Sad Unfortunately it's also a sign of the times.

I don't mean to sound too anti-establishment, but let's be honest.....very few corporations actually pay attention to the "grass-roots" demographic. The dedicated, do-or-die customer who is willing to stand by their product through thick and thin.

Um, in case anybody's wondering, I'm talking about people like us! Wink

I think it's probably safe to say that everyone here really hoped that Sega of America would never do this. Abandon.....no wait.....basically pretend that the Dreamcast never existed here in the U.S.
However, do you know what's really sad?
It's sad that SOA would go to these lengths to try and "cover up" the DC's existance when, from 1999 through 2001, the Sega Dreamcast sold just over 10 million units here in the United States.

TEN MILLION!

I realize that might not seem like a lot of units to some pencil-pushin' geek crunching numbers all day at Sega, but as far as I'm concerned, 10 million is a respectable fan base!

But I digress......

At this point, all I can say is that I sincerely doubt that SOA would be doing this if Peter Moore were still running things over there.

Then again, even he had a boss to answer to as well. Rolling Eyes

Technofungk
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #12
Sega of America ... is really dumb, what they should have done is make a big section for there past systems and each having about the games and all that they made atlease is not all of them ... well im glad I pull all of there usefull info before it was taken down, so what happens when you connect with DC it used to go to the Dreamcast section now what that main page I guess...

Holiday
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:54 pm
quote : #13
Bah, that sucks..
Sega is really disappointing me the last few years.
They effectivly dropped 10 million of their fans with ending the DC. Then they write it off like it never happend. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

I bought an Xbox to replace my DC cuz I read how Sega seemed to me moving to Xbox (and the roomer about M$ buying Sega was big then too). Turns out all they do is play the field and put out 1 or 2 games for each system. Next comes the whole PSO thing with Xbox, and getting the realease pushed back like 20 something times. It seems all Sega does anymore is jerk around their fans in hopes of making more money.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:03 pm
quote : #14
Holiday wrote:
....Next comes the whole PSO thing with Xbox, and getting the realease pushed back like 20 something times. It seems all Sega does anymore is jerk around their fans in hopes of making more money.

Actually that was Microsoft's fault. Sonic Team had no control over the release date for PSOX. Microsoft delayed it for months. Had nothing to do with sega. If anything sonic team would have released both copies at the same time. It would have created more hype. So it was MS's fault on that one. Sucks cause those wanting to play on their xbox's had to wait quit sometime, while the games were sitting there sealed in some warehouse.
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:50 am
quote : #15
sega exce are really started to piss me of