Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Great to see people hosting servers, keep it up all!
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 pm
quote : #2
Yo! I'm new to this site but have been on dc talk for a while now. I'm always there on fragnights and now that I know online consoles has a master list I'll keep an eye out Wink. I also host an instagib server from time to time and will add it to online console master list

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 pm
quote : #3
I believe most DC Quake 3 servers are sending heartbeats to multiple master lists. Many servers appear in both onlineconsoles and dc-talk ML's. OC has been running a master list ever since the Official IdSoftware ML was disrupted and eventually taken offline. So it was quite a while back. Though I believe Quake 3 World took over the ML from idSoftware as GOG's version of Quake 3 Arena now points to an ML at that site.

OC's ML for inclusion in a Q3 server config file:

master.onlineconsoles.com

P.S. Welcome to the site Wink
Posted:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:54 am
quote : #4
is oc still hosting the quake servers? =)
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.211.158.34:27960/
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:43 pm
quote : #5
OC does still host Quake 3 Servers. A DM server and a CTF server, along with a master list.
Posted:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:46 pm
quote : #6
Nice to know =)
when my servers are up i have it send to multiple master lists, i know its a sensitive area but it would be nice if OC's servers showed up on the master list that dreampi uses as default, i know people can change their dns but there's a lot of new players these days, multiple full games on fridays ,
just saying it would be nice to still use OC's servers on occasions. =)

good to see this place is still around is where i started years ago
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:34 am
quote : #7
I don't find any of this to be a sensitive area of discussion, personally.

I am currently unfamiliar with dreampi's defaults.

Based on what you are saying, I assume OC's servers are not accessible from the dreampi due to master.onlineconsoles.com not being included as a re-direct for either of the two domains that Dreamcast Quake 3 is capable of querying.

Current Capabilities allow for 2 masters lists to be queried by a Dreamcast Client, and many masters lists (is there a limit?) to be advertised to by a Dreamcast Compatible Server.

I would be happy to send heartbeats to more master lists. So far OC's servers only point to master.onlineconsoles.com because when I set them up, that is all there was. There were no other alternatives. I have not reconfigured them since then. I have ongoing work relating to console server infrastructure pending/in-progress, where I plan to improve/expand upon server infrastructure that OC provides as an option for players.

What are the two master lists currently configured in the dreampi's dns re-direct configuration? I will be sure to add them when I reconfigure OC's servers. Smile
Posted:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 pm
quote : #8
I assume that dreampi uses dctalks q3master list as it's default not sure if it's capable of doing more than one that way. I had my servers point to the default q3 master list and the sega masterlist still pings but does t respond weird, as well as oc's and dctalks masterlist. I'm not sure about any other lists these days. I know more people host servers on Fridays sometimes and we found old noghost mods to start making some fun custom games. I think their masterlist is dctalk.no-ip.info or something ill find out.