Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i bought my dreamcast for 30 dollars in dec 2002 used. the other day i had it open, just checking it out and thinking about that other post about the loudness. then i was like "WHAT THE FUCK." i releized that i didnt have to unscrew any screws to get the gd-rom thing off the motherboard. i looked and there were places where screws were supposed to belong held snug with rubber washers. NO SCREWS! the only thing holding my gd-rom in place is the case of the dc. some dude mustve opened the dc, and removed the screws! thats prob y mine is the loudest ive ever heard. the gd-rom when it moves rattles very slightly against the tray, magnifying the sound. its like if u took a spinning motor and u held it softly against a hard table, it would hit and echo throught the table. god damnit. actually i think its funny. Laughing
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
quote : #2
usually when one of my systems breaks down i take a sledge hammer and i break it but dreamcast is the only system where i take my time and sweat to repair, wich has been damaged 3 times and it was given to me damaged to begin with
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:28 pm
quote : #3
frokid879 wrote:
i bought my dreamcast for 30 dollars in dec 2002 used. the other day i had it open, just checking it out and thinking about that other post about the loudness. then i was like "WHAT THE FUCK." i releized that i didnt have to unscrew any screws to get the gd-rom thing off the motherboard. i looked and there were places where screws were supposed to belong held snug with rubber washers. NO SCREWS! the only thing holding my gd-rom in place is the case of the dc. some dude mustve opened the dc, and removed the screws! thats prob y mine is the loudest ive ever heard. the gd-rom when it moves rattles very slightly against the tray, magnifying the sound. its like if u took a spinning motor and u held it softly against a hard table, it would hit and echo throught the table. god damnit. actually i think its funny. Laughing

... you do know its not screwed to the motherboard. Every Dreamcast GD Rom can be removed by lifting it up, just the way they are made ... I posted about this awhile ago ... but you can mess it up putting it down thats what it seems to have happened

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:31 pm
quote : #4
damn yo daz fucked up...lol...i keep mahh DC in a drawer, do I can hardly hear the sound. even tho i know havin it in hot places can fuck it up, i had it thea fa over a year and it doesnt brake a sweat.
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:43 am
quote : #5
u got screwed
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:17 am
quote : #6
no pun intended

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:33 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
tony2004 wrote:
u got screwed

HAHAHHAH comical
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:59 am
quote : #8
lol funny but frustratin ay fixin DC aint that bad try fixin a sega saturn they r massive i cant do it!

nice to hear u people look after ur DC i clean mine once a week its like a god!

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:53 am
quote : #9
dreamer! wrote:
lol funny but frustratin ay fixin DC aint that bad try fixin a sega saturn they r massive i cant do it!

nice to hear u people look after ur DC i clean mine once a week its like a god!

but I think thats a bit much you could (no will) ware out the screwhole threads and you would need a new case. Official replacements were only released in Japan and hard to find the original color one but they can be found at some importers... keep a clean air filter in your house and clean the DC one a year or so and youll be fine... I didn't clean mine for 4 years and inside it wasnt as dusty as you would have thought just near the fan there was some build up

(this thread was edited for flaming...stop it..)

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:46 am
quote : #10
HOT GLUE!!!!!!!!!!

dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 am
quote : #11